Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I KNOW I'M NUTS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by joee, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Was it an UDI? Unidentified Drinking Injury....

Truck64 and loudbang like this.
  2. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

His was the Unintentional Donkey Injury. he fell over the fence while visiting with the donkeys.

Truck64 and loudbang like this.
  3. HellsBells5

HellsBells5

A little humor to lighten up the golden years.
    An 85-year-old man was requested by his Doctor for a sperm count as part of his physical
    exam.

The doctor gave the man a jar and said, 'Take this jar home and bring back a semen sample
    tomorrow.'

The next day the 85-year-old man reappeared at the doctor's office and gave him the jar,
    which was as clean and empty as on the previous day.

The doctor asked what happened and the man explained, 'Well, doc, it's like this -- first tried with my right hand, but nothing. Then I tried with my left hand, but still nothing.

'Then I asked my wife for help. She tried with her right hand, then with her left, still nothing. She tried with her mouth, first with the teeth in,then with her teeth out, still nothing.

'We even called up Arleen, the lady next door and she tried too, first with both hands, then an armpit, and she even tried squeezin' it between her knees, but still nothing..'

The doctor was shocked!

'You asked your neighbor?'

The old man replied,

'Yep, none of us could get the jar open.

Ford52PU, Duellym, Budget36 and 6 others like this.
  4. No Bob.I didn't have my ankle brace on my ankle gave out boom down I went.LOL.Bruce.

loudbang likes this.
  5. Now that's FUNNY!!!!! Bruce.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. HA HA HA OL Bruce heard the drinks were on the house. Careful there ol fart

7. BURN OUT BOB.Who you callin Old? LOL. Bruce. 001.JPG

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. BURN OUT BOB, well may be I do get a little goofy after a few drinks with my propeller hat on here. LOL. Bruce. 003.JPG

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. Just got back from the Drs. She said my rotater {shoulder} cup is O.K. Just must on bruised something good when I fell on my shoulder so she gave me a shot in the shoulder and I should be able to paint again in a few days. Bruce.

Ford52PU and loudbang like this.
  10. Shoulder injuries are fun, did 4 months of PT between 2010 and 2011 to get mine going again. I still need surgery, but got no time for that shit...

Bruce Fischer and loudbang like this.
  11. catdad49

catdad49

Only made to the bottom of the first page and you guys have made me feel "better" already! Thanks

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  12. I've got many of the pains y'all are talking about and at 67 it's not getting any easier or faster but I'm still doing what I can, when I can. Arthritis and carpal tunnel in both hands gives me the most problems but I try and cope best I can. Just finished building a huge deck, still building my 32, got two projects after that, and I still have some big shows I want to drive my car's too. My Dad who is 93 keeps asking me when I'm going to stop building these cars and driving them all over the country - I keep telling him, Lord willing and the creek don't rise, never!

Like I keep telling my good friend jacksandeuces here on the HAMB that when I grow up (I'm only 5'2) I want to be just like him! Lol!

Never give up, never give in - just do what you can when you can .....

catdad49 and loudbang like this.
  13. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Age and worn joints have nothing to do with the pains we get - it's all those low pressure weather systems that seem to be getting more and more frequent!

It was said in the old guard that a bitching crew is a happy crew. May we all be blessed to wake another day so we can bitch and be happy while having fun with our toys.

Joee, looking forward to catching up with you and the track roadster sometime this season. got the headlights figured out yet?

Ed

loudbang likes this.
  14. Thanks for this thread guys, now I know I'm not alone.:) Granted I'm only 54 but the last 40 years of farming, milking, and ranching have slowly taken their tole. Looking forward to hanging it up.

loudbang likes this.
  15. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

oooo hell drink some more coffee & same aspirin and you will be fine HA HA HA :cool::cool: BE COOL DONT TELL any ONE to LATE HA HA HA

loudbang and pat59 like this.
  16. Well my shoulder is hurting like heck.I can still use it but boy it hurts .I guess I am going to get an M.I.R. next time I go in to see the Dr. Bruce.

loudbang likes this.
  17. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

...hope I die before I get old....

loudbang likes this.
  18. I been working around the yard for the last 4 days... Tuesday and I'm beat already. Chest hurts where they cracked me open to do the bypass more than anything else. Think I'll play with flowers later on and go in the pool...

loudbang and Bruce Fischer like this.
  19. LAROKE

LAROKE

I'm 67. Still work a forty hour week but it's in an office so I'm not beating myself up on the job. I spend most of my off days in my shop looking for my ambition. I think I'll find it again and get on with my project trucks.

I can't remember a time when I wasn't tired. I go to bed tired. I get up tired. I'm always tired. I think my ability to produce testosterone is fading. There are benefits. While I still am attracted to, and appreciative of, drop dead gorgeous women, I no longer feel to urge to write bad checks.

20. LAROKE.Welcome to the club , buddy.LOL.Bruce. 002.JPG

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  21. HMMM, could be you are not sleeping at nights. Best to consult a sleep doctor.

22. kmrumedy

kmrumedy

This thread reminds of a funny cartoon I saw many years ago.

In the image there is an old man is sitting on a doctor's examination table. The old guy is miserable, bent over, and in obvious pain.....

The caption below the picture is the Doctor saying this:

" Well Bob, remember when I told you that if you quit smoking, drinking, eat better, and stop chasing women you could add ten years to your life? Well...........welcome to those years....."

loudbang likes this.
  23. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, what did I tell you? I'm not as dumb as I look.

loudbang likes this.
  24. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Wow,
    What a subject. Too many years ago that I care to remember, I used to go meet my other hot rod pals for breakfast. They all drove their cars, some were pretty famous cars such as The Dick Bergren/Doyle Gamel 32 3W when it was in its Broiler cover guise.
    Never once did aches and pains ever come up. All of the cars owners were in their late 40's, me in my early 20's. Over the years we talk now about what surgery is coming up next for some or who have passed on. We still occasionally get a good car talk down. ;).
    Now I'm about where they were in age and they're either late 80's or the youth of the set are knocking on 70's door..... all of this is exactly the facts of life, no one has stopped unless they've been taken out...
    My bud Oz is 76, yes he has to watch his diet, eat at certain times and make sure he doesn't get any open wounds to prevent infection.
    That guy is an "Energizer Bunny!!!!! Hell he makes me feel tired just watching him. Then there's me. I'm not that spring chicken that was ready to set the world on fire!!!!! I will admit that I feel beat more often than not, but if there's something that I want or needs to get done, well then it's going to happen.....
    What does this all have to do with cars????? Everything-Cuz if you don't take care of yourself, you're not going to be enjoying these Hot Rods down the road. :). ;).

Bruce Fischer, loudbang and pat59 like this.
  25. I'm just doing too much lately, that's my problem. I finished up a run of fence last night about 8:30... sat down with the cat and fell asleep, never even ate dinner. The heavy work aggravates my chest incision and my back pain issue. I have one more big job around the house, replace the soffit and fascia on one side of my garage... before it gets too hot. Also at some point have to pull my Muncie and address the countershaft leak. Then hopefully I can rot on the beach all summer and drive the Ford.

Bruce Fischer and loudbang like this.
  26. BradinNC

BradinNC

Bob, what ever you are doing works. Keep it up. I would have guessed you were 70. I have pains from 25 years of soldiering but I don't let it control me. Staying busy is the key, not in front of the idiot box. Brad

loudbang and Bruce Fischer like this.
  27. pumpman

pumpman

deck fowers.JPG Well, I guess I'm in this HAMB old fart club too. Sort of retired last year turn 71 this August and still in pretty good shape. Knees are starting to bark at me, use to spend all day in the shop, now I can do about 6 hours on the concert. Makes me mad but nothing like some of you guys deal with so I'll shut up. I don't do anything higher then 6 ft, sold all my tall ladders and only have one 6 footer anything higher than that I call for help. On the up side I really enjoy my whiskey water a lot more these days. Sit on the deck and listen to the birds at days end with my cool beverage. Happy Fathers Days you old dudes. Think I'll have a early start on the deck today burn a couple of cigars and have a cool one.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  28. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Let me know if you need any help.

loudbang likes this.
  29. T-roaster

T-roaster
    from Tijeras NM

30. Best part of my day is early and late in the day.... sit on the deck and watch the birds conduct their rounds. Very relaxing. If all goes well I get to see some bats.

loudbang likes this.