Register now to get rid of these ads!

Me & Gramps' '51 GMC 5 Window Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cubby, Jul 8, 2012.

1. I'm currently deployed, but Gramps isn't the type to sit idle. I moved my truck back into his shop before I left and he put the bed wood in. I originally wasn't planning on using the bed strips, but I'm thrilled with how it turned out!

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. IMG_9272.JPG IMG_9271.JPG My two daughters have been helping to keep an eye on the truck while I'm away. Our third daughter is on the way and may arrive before I get home. Considering I still have the door panels to do, I guess I will be able to say I've had three kids in the time it's taken us to finish this thing!

chryslerfan55 and clunker like this.
  3. greaser

greaser

Lovely Kids, Cubby! They grow up real fast.
    Thank you for your service.

4. Bed turned out great!
    Wow, how time flies - I started mine 5 years ago and am hoping to get it on the road in July. We will see...
    Congrats on your growing family! :)

5. Thanks fellas! I don't think there's any denying which of our two girls is most looking forward to driving my truck someday. Our youngest always heads right for the driver's seat. IMG_9640.JPG IMG_9641.JPG

chryslerfan55 and firstinsteele like this.
  6. Good looking truck you have there. I love what you've done with it. Congratulations on your growing family and thank very much for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. I just read your thread front to back, great job! Being raised on a farm with F-1 Fords, I've never really cared for AD style trucks. Yours is the exception. Were I to build one it would look a lot like yours.
    Great truck, great family, congrats!

8. Thanks so much!

That's quite the compliment, thank you very much!

9. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Cubby.Great looking truck AND family.Thanks for your service and God bless you and yours.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

10. Thanks so much Leo! I've been very blessed!

11. shadams

shadams

Awesome man, perfection! If my grandpa had been involved we would just about have the same story. We just had our third kid last week! So now I have 2 girls and a boy since I started the build and they all love the truck, esp my boy. My wife tells me every time I leave in the truck he pouts till I get back and runs to look in the garage every so often. My build pretty well came to a standstill as far as finishing touches like paint/bodywork etc but at least I can enjoy it. Did you get a car seat in there ok when you took your girl to school? Been trying to talk my wife into letting me do that but all she lets me do is cruise them around the hood. Anyway get back safe, thanks for your service....

12. Congrats on number 3! We bought a house in Texas back in January, so we'll have get the trucks together when I'm home. Car seat went in just fine! The girls love riding around in the truck. When there's three of them I guess we'll have to draw straws. Or maybe I just need another project with more seats!