Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1929 Model A Special Coupe - AV8

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by srosa707, Jun 3, 2017.

1. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

City: Sacramento

State: California
    Price: 13800
    IMG_4901.JPG

Attached Files:

2. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

My appologies, I didn't realize all of my text was missing from the ad.

I bought and built this coupe back in '06-'09ish. I realized once I got it together, running, stopping, and driving that the 59ab motor was a bit tired. It runs and drives fine but loses oil pressure once warmed up. At that time I discovered old Harleys and the coupe was put on the backburner. I went off to college and that took up all of my time and money. I finally am getting back on the project and something else has come along that I could use the money for, so here we are. The pictur3s attached show a bit of an evolution of the car from a rolling chassis to a year ago when I drove it to my new house to park it in the driveway.

The rearend is out of the car for a full rebuild. It is a 40's Merc banjo rear that has been cut down nearly 2ft by Bear Metal Kustoms in Morro Bay. I've got the races and seals installed in the bells and the pinion pressed out of the banjo. I have the full rebuild kit that comes with the car (if the rearend isnt already back in it by the time it sells). Since the motor was tired, I picked up a 8ba and '36 tranny from a close friend. He pulled it from a running truck years ago and I assume it will be a great running motor for the car. It has a 4" Merc crank with the larger truck clutch in the tranny. I've picked up all the pieces for the motor to freshen it up (gaskets, water pumps, plugs and wires, etc.).
    The car is kicked 3" in the rear and has a 105" wheelbase. 16" spoke wheels with about ~3000 miles on the Firestone tires. I tried to build it as "traditional" as I could including the a drop axle, lever shocks, split bones, '39 pedals, etc. The interior is pretty intact with a headliner, door panels, and stained wood floorboards. I was going to do a full interior but its been on the backburner.

With the rearend in it, the car is running, stopping, non-op'd (in my name) and ready to go in Sacramento, CA. I would suggest a motor swap or freshening to keep the oil in it. The price is $13,800 as is with both motor/trans setups. PM here. NO TRADES

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    dana barlow and shoebirdgal like this.
  3. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

BUMP. Will consider serious offers in cash, Ethereum, or Bitcoin.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Mark S Miller likes this.