Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Happened to My Post?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by fyrffytr1, Jun 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

I started a thread about a 54 Chevy Friday and it disappeared. Thinking I may not have created the thread I re-posted it only to have it disappear again. Was it the title or did the car not fit this boards criteria? If something was wrong with the thread a word from whoever deleted it would have been nice.
    To not know why my thread was deleted makes me wonder about posting another one.

2. Eastyorkstang

Eastyorkstang
    from East York

Strange, but me as well. Posted one about adding power windows to my 65 El Camino. Online now looking for responses but nothing is here .....

3. Post another one

4. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Well, a 54 Chevy should be ok, so it was either something in your plans (r*t r*d? Modern engine swap?) or the post itself that drew the attention of the moderators. Having not seen your thread, I dunno.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

5. squirrel

squirrel

no way for us to tell, without seeing what you posted. Maybe give a brief description of what the car is like, or what you plan to do to it, etc.

maybe someone who sees it before it's deleted again, can let you know what's not acceptable :)

6. fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

it may be the wheels.........:(

Ray

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

If it is then there are other posts that should be deleted. If whoever deleted it would just tell me why I would be satisfied. I am relatively new here so I don't know all the dos and don'ts.

9. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

wheels. interior overall its not for here, I remember the post and I said the same then :) perhaps read the guidlines again?

kiwijeff likes this.
  10. squirrel

squirrel

Oh, now I see why it was deleted.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

At one time in the past, "introductions" were a requirement; they are NO LONGER "required" (See Guidelines- Line #4). Other than the wheels, and possibly the for sale sign (could be taken a veiled attempt at selling outside of the classifieds), the car fits; at least as well as most here on the HAMB. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

prefect20 and loudbang like this.
  12. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Have a read of the rules and have a good look around this place, you'll get a feel of what the H.A.M.B. Is about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.