Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Where Does Your Jalopy Take You?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, May 31, 2017.

1. squirrel

squirrel

I'm getting to think that this is a really neat way to live....

have fun!

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, the hell with all the, "I'm having too much fun being broke." bullshit.:rolleyes: If I could afford a 356, I'd drive the piss out of it. And if I broke it, I'd have a back up. No shame in my game.

3. <<< About 7000-8000 miles a year... :rolleyes::cool:

4. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I run all mine pretty hard.... And in all weather and terrain since I don't own a newer car.

8459664473_9e011fae82_o_zps896ef23a.jpg FB_IMG_1440983240164.jpg 18619984_10213258782723574_3308719256121500007_n.jpg

chryslerfan55, dwollam, slv63 and 8 others like this.
  5. wicarnut

wicarnut

I appreciate the "Show" rides, but in my case I drive all my cars, that's my enjoyment of having them, cruising down the road equals the enjoyment of the destination most times. I still jump in and take a 50/100 cruise to nowhere for a ice cream or lunch, Life is Good !

wackdaddy and Montana1 like this.
  6. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

I have had several nice paint cars over the years and fretted plenty. The coupe is going to stay unpainted so it can be enjoyed to the fullest.

7. yblock32

yblock32
    from Australia
    1. Cranksters

A few years ago and a wrong turn we ended up travelling along logging tracks in the hills . Didn't worry me or the guy in the roadster, but someone else has never forgiven me for leading them up there..........
    DSCF1478.jpg

DSCF1482.jpg
    DSCF1483.jpg

DSCF1484.jpg
    DSCF1488.jpg

DSCF1489.jpg

On the way down my sump hit a rock on the gravel track. Just a dent. Luckily Y-Block sumps were made of good steel..................
    PB080248.jpg

Pulled the sump when I got home, hammered it back into shape and refitted it. It's still on the car 6 years later.

8. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I had a 48 F1 , 302 HO , C4 , 9 inch 3.25 , I drove that thing everywhere , snow , rain , sun , day or night . It was a parts truck for a buddies build . The city threatened to tow it away if he didn't re move it . Gave it to me to remove it . 6 weeks later driving it like I stole some gas in it ! Sold it and built replacement Power Wagon , with 4 bt in it , it gets same treatment , engine never cools off from being used ! Fun part of the hobby , enjoy them if you own them!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  9. robracer1

robracer1

It takes me wherever it wants to go!

10. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

I draw the line at ice and a lot of snow though.
    Living in Seattle, the 41 gets driven in the rain a lot. Even in some snow, as long as the road is slushy. But as soon as there is ice on the road. My belief in the ability of other drivers flies out the window.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. cac646

cac646

I drive mine whenever we can, always have my son and dog in the car too. Yes the car has been puked in on the freeway.

It's fun going to places like the Grand Canyon and tourists turn their camera away from the monument to snap pictures of the car. San Francisco is horrible in a manual car with a big cam!

Attached Files:

12. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

I love hearing from all the drivers. My '46 pickup is on the road no matter the weather and spends more time on dirt than it does on pavement. When I bought it I had dreams of a beautiful paintjob, and a perfect interior. Then I realized that 1) I live down a stretch of dirt road, and 2) my kid and I have too much fun tooling down the numerous dirt roads in our area, looking for fishing spots while drinking glass-bottled Dr Pepper. A nice paint job would definitely keep me from enjoying that- so it got a quickie paint job with unknown brand single stage enamel bought at a local swap meet(which needs to be redone now). It's got scratches and dings, I drive the snot out of it and enjoy more than I ever would a metal sculpture. And I get questions and compliments every time I drive it.
    Places like this- you can't get here without dirt roads..... rustylake.jpg

13. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

My Avatar 48 has 68K on it. It has a few "stars" in the fenders, my grand daughter calls it "Freckles" because of the road rash on the front end. It's been to Tulsa (west), Burlington Vermont (east), St Paul (north) and Daytona Beach (south). It's a 350/350, PS/PB, and cruise control driver. If I had it to do over, I'd have added the power steering and the cruise control sooner. Best part? No end in sight. Bill

yblock32 likes this.
  14. That's what cars are built for is to drive. Finished this real steel deuce one year ago last month. Over 15K miles on it to date.....Been over all kinds of roads and having a blast in it. Lonestar (1 of .jpg

15. Hyfire

Hyfire

Great looking car!

16. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg My 8 year build, I drive it, no trailer queen.

17. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

What a cool movie! He really captures the essence of what this "old car thing" is really about. I am a died in the wool old car guy, but I love Porsche s and will admit to owning at least one that is ridiculous to drive as no one needs to go 170 mph. But knowing that we can is often enough! (Porsche + 45 mph speed limit = 84 mph in 45 mph zone + $450 ticket :()

Attached Files:

18. chryslerfan55 and dwollam like this.
  19. I'm being used as a prop at a 1950's event.
    I've also been asked to park it as a photo prop at a few different weddings.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and dwollam like this.
  20. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  22. Still towing, still carrying construction supplies.
    Still with the unbreakable Studebaker engine.

[​IMG]

23. YES THIS IS REAL.
    I'm carting away a dumpster full of roofing debris with my family car.
    So sue me :)

[​IMG]

24. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Before I tore mine apart for the engine/trans change, I drove it everywhere. When it gets back together, it will be again. If I can't drive it, I don't need it, unless it's a parts car....

25. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

26. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Had mine 21yrs. So far it has taken me where I want to go, if not Hagerty has my back...........

27. Had mine 30 years , it's taken me anywhere I need to go and god willing it'll do it for another 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

28. oldsman41

oldsman41

my 41 olds is on its 21st year with me the first 5 years ran the original 6 banger now she has a 350 in it and i take her everywhere.

29. Buddy Ingersol's shop.
    Working on Buddy's sign.
    My kids loved visiting and looking in on what new project he had going.
    He would always pull out some chairs and say "have a seat, and lets talk cars"

[​IMG]

why be ordinary?