Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1947 Ford

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by lodaddyo, Jun 2, 2017.

1. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Guess ill start a thread on the progress of my coupe. I picked her up a few months ago in Outside of phoenix,Az. Bone stock coupe owned by an older gentleman that passed away several years ago. The car had been sitting for a while.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

This is how she looked when i picked her up
    IMG_3856.PNG

The paint was in pretty good shape, having been repainted once. The good thing is there was zero rust. Still running the original 59ab and 3 spd trans.
    After i got her home
    IMG_0105.JPG

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

looks pretty solid. what's your plans for it?

lodaddyo likes this.
  4. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

After i got her home i had some fuel issues. Fuel pump kept pulling trash into the pickup and plugging off. Replaced the fuel tank, fuel line from tank to carb and rebuilt the 94 holley. Runs like a champ now. Next i tackled the stance. Ended up reversing the front and rear main leaf eyes. Made longer shackles for the rear and removed a couple leafs. Also ditched the stock lever shocks and installed some tube shocks. The tires were kind of dry rotted so i ordered up some new 6.70-15 firestone whitewalls. Had some 15" ford f100 wheels powder coated black. Popped on some 1955 packard clipper hubcaps. And thats where i am at right now.
    IMG_0104.JPG

5. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

I think next im gonna fix those damn saggy door handles and ditch the mirrors.

rodncustomdreams and 302GMC like this.
  6. Nice looking ride

lodaddyo likes this.
  7. brady1929

brady1929

Looks great

lodaddyo likes this.
  8. hotrodyankee

hotrodyankee

Looking good!

lodaddyo likes this.
  9. my favorite color! My first hot rod was a 47 coupe with a 303 Olds mated with a 39 box. We had a bunch of fun with that car back in the day (1963)

10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Post your progress on those door handles, pretty much all of them do it and I'm curious how much of a hassle it is to fix.

Love how you've changed the car so far, one day I'd like to do the same and buy a nice stocker to change up into s custom

lodaddyo likes this.
  11. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Thanks alot guys! Im probably not going to do too much more to it right now. I gotta get back on my roadster and im building a 30 model a closed cab pickup.
    Tim, yeah i dont think ive seen many that dont have the saggy door handle syndrome. Its gotta be a weak spring or something.

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

where is the small block Chevy & Mustang II? - Ha! - Good looking ride

13. buick boy

buick boy

Pull the handle off and see if one side of the end is rounded from use. If rounded you might be able to move the handles to the opposite door. This would put the square side towards the part of the latch that opens the door.

lodaddyo and rodncustomdreams like this.
  14. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Looks great - glad you ditched the visor

lodaddyo likes this.
  15. wutnxt

wutnxt

16. Bob Hall

Bob Hall

Are you going to ditch the mirrors completely or replace them with something/somewhere different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Ha! Sorry im heterosexual

18. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

Driver side mirror was just a clip on type. The passenger is a cowl mounted mirror. I located a used piece of trim to replace the mirror, so yeah im removing them completely