Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 Ford Pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bwcatra4, Jun 1, 2017.

1. bwcatra4

bwcatra4

Are the fenders on a 1932 Ford car and pickup the same? Are the frames the same?

2. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Frames, front fenders, firewall & hood are the same

clem likes this.
  3. Southfork

Southfork

So that is where all the 32 pickup front fenders went! Were put on coupes and roadsters, huh?

4. John Stimac

John Stimac

Truck fenders are different than car fenders. The truck fender has raised clearance bumps where it lays across the frame that the car fender does not. I know this because I purchased a nos truck fender years ago thinking it was for a car. There are other differences between the two also.

5. John,

I hate to disagree but I think you are remembering the bump in the '33-34 truck front fenders. The '32 truck and passenger car use the same fenders.

Charlie Stephens

Dave Mc likes this.
  6. alchemy

alchemy

I think the only difference between a commercial and passenger front fender is that the BIG trucks had a wider spare well for a larger wheel and tire. Otherwise they are exactly the same.

I doubt that many pickups were robbed of their fenders for use on passenger cars. Have you ever seen how a truck is treated? The fenders were the first thing to go.

7. The fenders on my Deuce pickup look exactly like the ones on my Tudor sedan.

8. John Stimac

John Stimac

Now I'll have to pull out Dave's big books and see what he says. I bought the truck fender at the Bob Slack auction, and after the smoke cleared, everyone there told me it was a 32 truck fender. I sold it as a 32 truck fender, and the guy that bought it agreed.

9. Like I said,I haven't seen any differences in the fenders but that's not to say my reply should be taken as gospel! HRP

10. alchemy

alchemy

Maybe the BIG trucks with the big spare wells also had the bump over the rivets? I do know that 33's had the bump and people mistake them for 32's all the time.

11. scotts52

scotts52

Not trying to hijack this thread but can 32 big truck fenders be installed on a 34 -1/2 ton frame?

12. alchemy

alchemy

No. They look the same but measure different. The side where it mounts to the frame has a different shape.

13. I had a '32 Fordor sedan with the '33-'34 front fenders from a previous owner. The contour at the front of the fender is slightly different. The mounting location for the headlight bar is slightly different. The '32 fenders will be missing the raised area to clear the rivets. I would suggest you don't try it unless you are building a rodent rod. The '32 and the '33-'34 truck fenders are worth about the same, look for a trade. By the way, the '32 passenger car and '32 truck front fenders were the same (unless there was a spare tire well which was larger on the big truck).

Charlie Stephens

14. scotts52

scotts52

Thanks. I'm putting my 32 bb on a 34- 1/2 ton frame. Guess I'll be looking for fenders.

15. I almost hate to say it but as a last resort when you run out of time and it's ready for the road, "fiberglass".

Charlie Stephens