Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Early ford store

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by RobertDip, May 30, 2017.

1. RobertDip

RobertDip
    from Candiac

Visited the place a few times, and now placed an order. It got returned due to 'insufficient address'. I tried many times to call them...nobody ever answers the phone. e-mails don't work either...never get a response. I will never, never order there again...or is it just me with no luck here. Just want to know if others have the same problem. thks.

2. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

Which "Early Ford Store"? What phone # did you call?

3. We need a little more information. HRP

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. gas man

gas man
    from socal

I'm guessing hes talking about the store in San dimas. I've only walked in the place. The owner seemed really nice and was really helpful. He took his time with me even though i was just buying a headlight bulb and knew I wasnt spending a bunch of money. He seemed to genuinly care about helping me. seemed really busy, and the old timers hanging around drinking seemed more like they were just in the way then actually helping.

5. Crankhole

Crankhole

Early Ford Store of CA
    108 W. Bonita Ave.
    San Dimas, CA 91773

Phone- (909) 305-1955
    Fax- (909) 305-1953
    [email protected]

Store hours-Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
    Saturday hours- 8am-2pm.
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

6. Muttley

Muttley

I tried to get a hold of them a while back and couldn't get them on the horn either. I finally sent them an email asking 'do you guys ever answer the phone?' and finally got a response. The (reproduction) part was out of stock. I ended up buying an original one here on the HAMB. I guess it worked out well after all.

7. 1932tub

1932tub

I have used the Early Ford Store on a couple of occasions and found the service excellent and the postage
    great, no huge boxes for a small part. I'm in NZ so as you could imagine the postage isn't cheap. Visited the store when we went to LARS 50th. Great place.

53FordEffie likes this.
  8. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We are also from NZ have visited before and will do so again when we are over in a week or so at the LARS. Also have ordered a bunch of parts from them and had excellent service.

Texas36 likes this.
  9. Ive had trouble getting a hold of them too. They actually called me twice to tell me the repop part I ordered was on back order and shipped me an original part at a discount instead. Besides the phone issue they are top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

10. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I have nothing but good things to say about The Early Ford Store of California. Bill and Mike always are very helpful with my needs. Good people.

Nobey and OzyRodder like this.
  11. ydopen

ydopen

I have bought parts for 2 cars from them and always helpful advice and service.

John

12. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I've been burned by them.

13. Nobey

Nobey

I have a list of stuff to order from them in the morning by phone, let you guys know how it goes....

14. I practically built my 40 using them primarily as a supplier. Never had a problem. I used them consistently from 2012-2016.

15. Bill and Mike are good guys. Usually only one of them in the store, so some phone calls are missed if their is a crowd in the store.

Nobey likes this.
  16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

glad to hear they do not answer the phone when a customer is there. I hate when a guy on the phone gets ahead of me while I drove all the way there with cash in my pocket. "regular" parts counters are the worst for this.

lbcd, Fitnessguy, clem and 1 other person like this.
  17. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Great People, Great Service !!

18. Murocmaru

Murocmaru
    from Van Nuys

Last time I went in there, they were talking about moving to a different location down the street. Those guys have always been nice, but maybe the address issue is because they started the move.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Kind of comforting to know not everyone has a cell phone glued to their palm. Bob

Baumi likes this.
  20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

21. 3 X orders down to New Zealand, only one order was missing a item I was charged for, e-mailed and got a reply promptly, asked if I wanted a refund or they could send the part down with no freight charge to me, great customer service in my books...

22. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

I've used them a lot and never had an issue, whenever I called, left a message and they got back to me. My impression is they are a small business, so sometimes can't always get to the phone, I agree in person customers get the priority. I'm a one man operation, so on my voicemail I state that I can't always hear or get to the phone so I will get back to you as soon as I can.

23. RobertDip

RobertDip
    from Candiac

Yes, the one in San Dimas. I sent another e-mail in desperation...and guess what...got a reply in a short timeframe.
    The intent was not to bash this place, it was just to get some general feedback as to the communications problem I've been having. After all, it's been almost two weeks into this problem. I believe there was a problem on the initial addressing of this USPS package....and I know they can be 'problematic' at times. Visiting their store is and has always been a fun experience. The package was re-shipped 'Priority Post'. It was good of them to do so. Hope 'All's well that ends well'.

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  24. Nobey

Nobey

Well I wasn't able to reach them by phone this morning but I completely understand what it take
    to run a business of that size. Ordered my parts on line, make it easier on everyone. Sure would
    like to visit that store in person some day, and glad we still have it for our hobby. Rich

25. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

How so?

Sent from my SM-G930T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. ratman

ratman

Fantastic service both when I have visited in person and also when they ship to New Zealand, We will be back there in a couple of weeks for another in person visit. Great place great people.

Nobey likes this.
  27. midroad

midroad

I've used them a lot. Their shipping to Australia is cheaper than other suppliers in the USA and fast. Never had an order go wrong. The best I have dealt with.

Nobey likes this.