Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SE PA Car/Bike clubs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RustEE, May 31, 2017.

1. RustEE

RustEE

Thinking about joining a car club. Not trying to start a beef or anything but, what are the best clubs in my area (Philly)? What's it take to join or get sponsored? What are the benefits/responsibilities for members?
    Thx

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

The only benefit I see is meeting new friends and hanging out talking about your cars. BBQ's, road trips, meetings and things like this are secondary to me but are very fun as long no one gets stupid. But the stupid can be dealt with by the clubs rules.

I know of a group that started a car club in SO. Cal a few short years ago. As they wrote their bylaws, one item was that "the membership had to build their own cars". Turns out that some of the members were the biggest liars as they bought their cars whole and tried to deem them as being built by them. And because I was related to one of them, they started calling me a "pledge". HAHAHAHA! I told them to knock it off, that I am not pledging anything, let alone their lying ass club. Dumb assholes....

Dues maybe required. As a pledge you might have to do some dirty work like cleaning up after the meetings or running errands for the club, etc.

If you really want to join a club, try to find one that is structured. One that is active in the community. One that is active with the members. One that will share their knowledge of building and maintaining their rods. Shop around.....

I, myself, would never join a club. Clubs can be a good thing but are not for me.

3. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Start your own with your buds. Loose guidelines. Loose rules

tfeverfred likes this.
  4. Koz

Koz

Wish the old Vultures were around yet. No rules , no meetings, call up each other and go to everybody elses stuff. I miss club membership in the two clubs I was in over the years because I enjoyed the friends at various runs and especially the old South Mountain club because we actually got a lot of road miles in together. Way too much politics for me these days.

Aces an Eights is still a decent club from what I hear and if you're into the lifestyle, the Gasket Goons are pretty cool. Contact Fryguy on here for the Aces club and Jack Sutton for the Goons.

5. I'm not a member but the Chester County car club is active in our area. They have an annual car show at the Kimberton Fair grounds and it is always well run. might be a little far from Hatfield.
    http://www.chescoacc.com/