Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Searching for history on this car

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 40cpe, May 30, 2017.

1. The owner of this car asked me to post these pictures, hoping someone would recognize it and fill in some of its early history for him. Probably built in the mid-'50s, possibly in California, it came to Mississippi in the late '50s to early '60's. It had a '50 olds engine with stock running gear, '37 DeSoto bumpers, and chromed garnish moldings. It probably had hubcaps and skirts, the spoked rims being changed later. Any information given would be deeply appreciated. '40ce1.jpeg '40ce2.jpg '40ce3.jpg '40ce4.jpg '40ce4.jpg '40ce5.jpg '40ce6.jpg

Pufff, Squablow and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Nothing for you, but that is the coolest!

To the top...

3. ENUF 41

ENUF 41

What a shame to let a set of Buick Skylark wheels go to rust

4. It sure has all the right "stuff" .

5. Squablow

Squablow

No info on it, but what a neat car, a lot of cool custom touches on that one that aren't super obvious at first but there was a lot done.

6. damit..........

7. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Wow, that was a panty dropper in its heyday. Reminds be of Lumpy's 40 in Leave it to Beaver (though it's not it).
    The novel/unusual use of Chevy taillights sets it apart from others and may play a part in identifying it if any old pics show up.

8. I don't know any information but love what that car must have been. I'd restore it and not change a thing but the wheels.

9. When I first saw this car in bout 58 i
    When I first saw this car in about 58 it had skits an hubcaps ,it was a real knockout. First real custom I ever saw

40cpe likes this.