Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Crunched the wagon, what's it worth now?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry, May 29, 2017.

1. Several weeks ago I was headed down to Tuscon to push start some dragsters at their nostalgia drags and got caught up in Oklahoma City traffic. While trying to make a lane change for an exit the guy behind me cut me off , I couldn't get stopped in time and crunched the guy I was trying to go around. Now I just don't have it in me to fix up again.

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

If I had had the pushboard on damage would have been negligible.

I had gone through the engine and put a mild performance roller cam in, and had it backed up with an A833 o/d trans. I did a disk brake conversion on the front but still need a bit of tweeking on the adjustment. The eyebrows had been replaced along with the right side inner and outer rockers, and floorboard. Rear quarters left rockers, and floorboard still need attention.

I've got plenty of spares. I have all the trim ans spares, the original 318 poly engine and trans, and spare rear side windows.

Anybody want a project? What's she worth now?

henryj1951 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Kerry that just sucks.....

Hatchet likes this.
  3. Preach it brutha!!!!

4. squirrel

squirrel

I guess that explains why we didn't see the wagon in Tucson. What a bummer.

Get back on that horse, and show it who's boss.

5. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fix it. The car has long since paid for itself, a little money thrown at it now won't hurt that bad.
    Unless fixing it is keeping you from buying dragster parts. If that is the case, scrap it.

See you in August?

-Abone.

Tim likes this.
  6. brady1929

brady1929

You have gone this far, don't stop now. You can do it!

7. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I can understand your frustration. Get whatever insurance money you can and put the car away for awhile. It really doesn't look that bad unless there is major damage. All of he upgrades should be ok. Winter is coming and you'll need something to do anyway.

You say that was a highway accident? Imagine what a modern car would look like! LOL

8. indyjps

indyjps

Id say drive it like it is, just a little crunched until you find the parts for a decent price. It still looks better than that 3rd gen sitting next to it. :) Ive had plenty of those, messin with ya.

9. Bummer, fix it

10. afaulk

afaulk

you'll regret it later........

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I say fix it but would like to take if off your hands if you do not want to mess with it.

Hatchet and henryj1951 like this.
  12. I know it sucks but why not cover it up and let it sit for a while and keep a eye open for parts,that was a good looking wagon and it's really not that bad. HRP

13. There's a part of me that wants to put the Dodge 360 and trans in the Camaro just to piss both Chevy and Dodge folks off.

14. It's not like I don't have enough projects. I've been thinking the insurance sure would help to get the digger running again. The 31 Pontiac could use some love too.

15. hemiboy

hemiboy

I you liked it before, you'll like it again. I totaled my '34 out avoiding kids in the road at nite. Parked it for 10 years then built it again. I still like it. And the burnouts are such good therapy.......

16. It'll buff out... ;)

17. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Use the insurance money to fix it, not another project.

18. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

WOW ! ! ! i'd take it -n- put er back on the ROAD , one mans trash is another mans treasure, -n- i'm a chevy man,
    and i like it. Wish it was mine and you had a better one.

19. Planning on it Jeff!

20. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

Nothing like an ol WAR wound to show off to your friends.... man the stories ya can tell.

21. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

Do it do it do it ,

22. gene-koning

gene-koning

Fix what needs to be fixed to drive it, then drive it. Those grills don't offer much rad protection. It looks like the damage was above the bumper, so the frame should be good, it looks to be mostly sheet metal damage, outside of the rad. Sheet metal can be fixed later, or you will get more out of it if it can be driven. Gene

23. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

When I was in basic training my 55 Ford got crunched while sitting at my Moms house. I was so disgusted I sold it without even looking at it.
    Regret it to this day.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  24. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

just stand in front of it and say "show me"

25. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

will insurance cover the repairs?

26. That would do it lol

27. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

From a fellow FL Mopar wagon owner... Man, that sucks.

But '59 Plymouth parts cars still surface all the time. I don't think it would be a terribly difficult repair. Even if you've lost the desire for the car, it probably makes financial sense to at least throw on a new clip so it can be a good project for the next guy.

Good luck man! Let me know if you go hunting for parts, I may be able to help.

porkshop likes this.