Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Memorial Day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 28, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

Nothing political or religious,just acknowledgement for the men that paid the ultimate price for our way of life.

It's Memorial Day weekend and it's the time to reflect on what our fallen soldiers have offered us: freedom. HRP

2. hugene

hugene
    from pineola fl

3. Well said,Danny.Be sure to include and remember police fire ems who keep us safe and pay a price.

4. 41 C28

41 C28

Thank you to all of them.

5. 55chevr

55chevr

To all my RVN veteran brothers. Welcome home. Never forget our brothers in arms that never made it home.
    Joe

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Here, here, brothers and sisters.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  7. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Phillip's grave is next to those of my wife's parents. She places flowers on their graves several times a year and always removes one from their vase and places it on his grave. He died in June 1968 a month before his 20th birthday. That's the same month that I got my driver's license. As an Army vet myself whenever I think of all I've done since then that he's missed out on it's very depressing. Phillip is a true hero. May he rest in peace....

275890973.jpg

8. contspanko

contspanko

time out for those that Serve - and gave it all- and those over seas this weekend

Attached Files:

9. To paraphrase an old line, we live in the land of the free because of the brave

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

10. brady1929

brady1929

Thanks to all who have served the best country in the world.

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

It is a very special day, God bless all of them. Bob

12. zjerry

zjerry

Thanks to all who have served GOD BLESS AMERICA

13. Gman0046

Gman0046

All gave some, some gave all. Thank you for your service Ralph W. Manners 1st LT. USAF died 8/26/1968 Long Khanh, South Vietnam when his aircrafts right wing was hit by enemy ground fire. RIP my friend I think of you always and miss your mile wide smile. You are truly an American Hero. Looking forward to when we meet again.

Gary

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks is too little when so many sacrificed so much - donate time and/or $$ to your local Veteran's support groups

15. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Thank you all for the reminder of what this holiday is all about.

16. 56shoebox

56shoebox

IMG_0652.JPG
    BG William Doyle Cemetery, NJ. I visited my uncle's grave and gave thanks to all the veterans interned there for my FREEDOM.

17. cavman

cavman

I don't know who to give credit for this, but "Thank You" who ever it is.

Those Honored Dead
    "Why do you fly the flag today? My grandson wants to know.

I fly it for the grave yards where the countless crosses grow.
    I fly the Flag for... children whose fathers are a name,

A half remembered memory of a face within a frame.

I fly it for the families of sons and daughters lost,

they know the price of liberty,"How terrible the cost!
    I fly the flag for veterans who lost their youth in blood;

and saw their comrades slaughtered in the carnage and the mud.
    I fly it for the ones who marched in cadence off to war,

to close their eyes forever upon some foreign shore.

I fly the flag for grief poured out upon a granite wall.

The laying-on-hands that heal the scars with-in us all.

I fly it for the sound of "Taps", that melancholy tune,

that lays to rest those honored dead----

Who always die too soon............

18. God Bless all that serve and their families.

19. fordflambe

fordflambe

My best to the families of those brave women and men that protected us but did not come home. And a firm salute to those veterans that did come home or who are still serving.

20. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

A couple of pics from Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. May all these brave heroes rest in peace....

LiveLeak-dot-com-33410-ShowLetter11.jpg

LiveLeak-dot-com-33410-ShowLetter.jpg

21. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks to all who serve and have...not many know this about my family as they are known to keep to themselves, so, I will tell this here. My mother (Virginia Cox) came from a family of 17 children all by the same parents and no adoptions. This being said, 11 of my aunts and uncles served in the military for a total of over 69 years of service, which is believed to be a record in total numbers of siblings and years total served and covered all branches of the military. I am extremely proud of my families service and currently have , if my count is right, 37 cousins, nieces and nephews serving, all stemming from this original family of 17. Several years ago this family was honored in the Veterans Day parade in Fresno and recieved a letter of thanks from then President George Bush, which I currently have. When I say "thanks for your service" to military personel, it is heartfelt. America, with all its troubles, would not be the country it is without your sacrifices. You all are, quite simply, the best this country has to offer, and I for one, honor you.
    Please know, though I did not personally serve, I respect everyone here on the H.A.M.B. who did or currently are. You all are the best. IMG_2279.JPG IMG_2280.JPG IMG_2276.JPG IMG_2277.JPG

22. 56shoebox

56shoebox

23. 56shoebox

56shoebox

IMG_0667.JPG

My father will be interned in the same cemetery as my uncle this July. He was an infantryman (rifleman) in WWII with the 102nd Infantry Division. He left this world at the ripe age of 91. He is my hero.

24. loudbang

loudbang

Don't forget these brave men and women who also gave their lives in service of our country. Most of them were veterans also.

Remember Johnny Spann

Company dead.jpg

25. 32Stoker

32Stoker

26. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Let´s also remember that these brave men and women not only protect freedom in the USA, but they also gave their best and many of them even their lifes to bring freedom to Europe and ending the Nazi regime .Thank you for protecting us!

27. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

I am watching all ten episodes of Band of Brothers this weekend. Should be mandatory for all Americans especially the young ones so they understand what sacrifices young people like themselves offered to keep the world free. This holiday is not for us who served, but for those who served and paid the ultimate price. memorial-day-calender.JPG

28. dan31

dan31

A big THANK YOU to all of the vets that have served to protect the best country ever. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

29. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

A couple of years ago a guy on the MLB channel made the comment: "Baseball and barbecues-that's what it's all about on Memorial Day." I emailed him this photo and told him that it means a hell of a lot more than that to millions of Americans including me. I never heard back from him but I never heard him make that comment again either....

Memorial Day.jpg