Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel in Motion ~ 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

^^^^^^^^^ leave out the "E"

HOTRODPRIMER and PBRmeASAP like this.
  2. PBR,,,, were you there?? :) there is no incriminating evidence that I was there so I might have been, or not!!

What a blast! Killer cars, great crowd, after the 1,000* heat was over man what a good time!!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

PBRmeASAP and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. Great pics Danny! I noticed about 3pm to 4pm the place was dead - everyone hiding from the sun. Then when the heat went away it was off the hook again. I think Friday night was a bigger party than Saturday. Place was filling up Thursday!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. Sorry I missed you,it's been a while! HRP

PBRmeASAP likes this.

5. Don't be so sure about that...

[​IMG]

6. Thanks for the great pics Danny!
    Sorry I missed you!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. Fordnut40

Fordnut40

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

thanks for posting all the pics...... looks like a great time.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. This is absolutely the best show in the area but as it is growing it is very disorganized,not that the geargoyles are not doing a good job but all the late model trucks and trailers parking through out the show area there is no clear designated car show area. HRP

10. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

old friends old cars always good time he he :cool::cool:

11. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Is that a for sale sign I spot in the back window of your recently acquired primered sedan Danny ? :)

12. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

A lot of people have that same complaint but I think it's a double edged sword. You have to let the guys with the race cars park their campers and haulers somewhere. A lot of the regular guys and gals camp too so that takes up a lot of room. Every year it becomes more and more apparent that if you want to get good parking you need to get in there the night before and stake your claim! I'm 37 years old with a wife and two kids so camping with a bunch of lunatics is out for me, I will just continue to park wherever I can squeeze in.

All in all those guys pull off an amazing event and I can't imagine how much work it is.

13. I was going to go on Friday morning and had previously talked with Curtis about bringing our vintage camper but was told if I drove our daily driver and pulled the camper I would have to park the truck on the spectator side which was ok with me,but it appeared to me this wasn't enforced.

I understand the racers needed a area to park their motorhomes,trucks & trailers but again they were scattered everywhere. HRP

14. Yeah,it's for sale, I just haven't posted it here yet.

I do enjoy the car and it is my style but it still hasn't scratched that itch for another 5 window or roadster. HRP

15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I hear you, I'll have my RPU but I really want a 5 window too. :cool:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Danny, I think it all boils down to the fact that unless the event folks want to provide security for the tow trucks, trailers and other vehicles, plus some designated spot for the show vehicles, the folks want their stuff near enough to their gathering/camping spot to allow them a chance to keep an eye on them, as there can be things to happen we wouldn't like.:eek: We had one late model car in our area that belonged to a guest of one of our members,that could be considered as taking up space, and another who went so far as to park his late model on a trailer that had been brought along to haul the stock Model A Ford he bought on the way down from Canada. Not everyone who attends lives only 2 hours away!:rolleyes:
    Been thinking on this since you first posted on it about what to type and not offend you, but decided you and I are good enough friends that I don't need to sugar coat it when I offer a differing opinion.:)
    I have been told the track owner is in negotiations with the landowner adjacent on pit side of track to purchase or lease additional land.:cool:

jim snow likes this.
  17. Fordnut40

Fordnut40

Haven't talked with you for awhile. Thought I'd check in & see how the plans are going for the Smokey Mountain Deuce Run & the related '40 Ford event. The guy in the Streetside shirt is Tommy Thompson & he recently traded for a slick '32 highboy roadster. He doesn't want to miss the event.