Register now to get rid of these ads!

**WHO DOES thick leather UPHOLSTERY work????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Apr 11, 2006.

1. KIRK!

KIRK!

Who here does leather work like on chopper seats etc? Tooled with thick whip stitching. I need some pieces that are larger than chopper seats done.

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

somebody correct me if im wrong but i think fatluckys could help you out
    tim

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

I know he is THE MAN when it comes to vinyl, but does he do that kind of leather work?

4. Paul Cox

If he's not lurking here his Rumbler brothers are.

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

I know he's the dude for bike seats, that's for sure! He must be pretty expensive though, judging by the quality and notoriety of his work.

6. You'll never know till you ask. With all he has going on now, I'm surprised he has the time to do it - but then for him maybe it doesn't take that long to turn out a quality product.

7. racer5c

racer5c

8. Kurt

Kurt

My dad is a master at leather work. Been doing it for over 50 years. Very cheap and incredible stuff. I know he has done bike stuff in the past. Let me know if you are interested we can get something going.

9. lownrusty

lownrusty

been looking into that for for my truck, try custom saddle makers for rodeos?

10. KCsledz

KCsledz

I saw a great tooled leather seat that FATLUCK stitched. I don't think he liked the labor required. From what I remember is the tooled leather was done elsewhere and brought to him. But I might not be correct.

Start looking for leather workers, saddle makers etc. A good western store would know of people in the trade.

11. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

I know Stich HAMBer Goldstar Auto can do it..

12. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I know Hot Rod To Hell does leather stuff. Try him. He might be able to help. He's a straight shooter.:)

13. gettingreasy

gettingreasy

My Old ladies Ma and Pa used to do really nice leather carving and tanning, they're abit white trashy but cheap and good at what they do. Hansen's leather of Sheridan CA.
    -Jesse

14. KIRK!

KIRK!

Dude, I saw your truck at Jimmy's shop a couple of weeks ago. DAMN, you suck!!!

15. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

Kirk, not sure if you are looking locally but there's a kid by me name Chris Gross that does pretty damn nice work on interiors/seats etc....

I think he has done some stuff for Alex Gambino before.....Alex???

16. KIRK!

KIRK!

Local would be much easier, yes.

I'm not looking for anything fancy, not even necessarily tooling, just a baseball glove look.

17. Scott B

Scott B
    from Colorado?

Maybe you should check out the western and tack stores. I bet somebody makes saddles around here and could take care of you too...

You could pick up a little saddle for your daughter to ride around that dog of yours while you are at it.

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

Good idea.