Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '32 ford coupe found it's way back home after 56 years

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hapydz, May 16, 2013.

1. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I thought exactly the same thing. But beautiful car and visuals.

Hapydz likes this.
  2. Recently I received some photos from the lady I purchased the '32 from. She told me that she had been going through some old albums and thought I might like them. This one was dated Nov. 1964. It's very artistic in a sad kind of way, in my opinion, knowing the story.......[ J L 13.jpg

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Nobey, ct1932ford, Pufff and 6 others like this.
  3. Just to keep you up to date on the project...I have been busy installing the Posie's rear parallel spring package along with the rear half "Welder Series" boxing plates. I'm also using their "Weld Nuts". I am very impressed with the quality of all of these items. Pictures to follow......

WelderSeries and edcodesign like this.
  4. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great story, good luck. I have that Posie's rear setup on my 32 & I'm very happy with it.

Hapydz likes this.
  5. Been having fun out in the shop recently ! Tacking up the Posies rear spring package and the Welder Series rear half frame boxing plates. On now to the front half boxing and the locating of the beautiful Welder Series engine mounting supports. Fun, fun, fun ! Mar 31,17,3.jpg Dave C Diff.jpg Mar 31,17,12.jpg

6. I hear that Brookville fenders need work.....Anyone have any opinions , photos regarding the fix's ? Not that I am ready for them but just trying to plan ahead. The frame has been coming along I'm now working on the engine/tranny installation. Frame 2.jpg [

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Can't comment on the fenders, but I have to provide a "thumbs up" on your 'C' notches
    and boxing plates!

RustyDogg and Hapydz like this.
  8. MIKE STEWART

MIKE STEWART

Love it - looks super !

Hapydz and LOU WELLS like this.
  9. GaryN

GaryN

I bought steel repo fenders for my coupe back about '92. Not sure who made them but probably off shore Chinese or Taiwan. They did require a little finessing around the front frame horns as I recall. Grind a little here, weld a little there.

Hapydz likes this.
  10. I'm putting a set of Brookville front fenders (that I've had about 10 years) on my Fordor. The passenger side fit pretty well and everything lined up OK. The drivers side is a different story. I will have to cut a slice out and reweld where it bolts up to the running board to get it to fit tight against the frame. The front of them where they fit over the ends of the frame rails aren't like the originals either and will need some work too. Current manufactured Brookville's may be better than the 10 year old ones I have.

Hapydz likes this.
  11. Thanks for the comments regarding the fenders, I won't be ready for the until next summer so maybe by then Brookville will have solved their problems. I moved the '32 frame around the corner of my little shop where it will remain for the summer. I will concentrate on the front and rear runing gear while it is there. I did this move so that I can just back the '39 out for some summer fun.Thanks to FB, I was able to find a Tanks fuel tank which will fill in that big hole in the rear... All in all it sure is fun !!! Rearranging 2.jpg

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  12. The very talented Craig Augustin from Denver just sent me his art work of my '32 project......Talk about inspiration !!! Thanks Craig for the big smile on this old guy's face..... Craig My 32.jpg

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

While that is interesting artwork, I have never been fond of caricatures ( cartoons) of anything be it people or cars.
    I prefer the timeless beauty of something like this instead. :):cool:
    4AE3A861-1C2A-4933-AA3F-1324C2EC573D_zpsqutds8lr.jpg

14. racerlall

racerlall
    from WA

Bunny Bunny Bunny ???? OK youl just have to drive the 32 over to his house

15. This was my Birthday present to myself and I think it was the perfect gift...

16. Not much going on these days except for trying to get the last of the details on the '39 done. The interior window trim is all but back in so that I can move on to detailing the engine bay. The car turned out nicer than I ever expected thanks to Shaun Hopkins and I almost hate to drive it again......almost. I keep trying to get the smaller items for the '32 so that I can get on with the rolling chassis goal. More posting of pictures soon...please hang around as the best is yet to come.....

Dick Stevens and kidcampbell71 like this.
  17. July 19 Nani.jpg Made a Hot Rod Parts Run today into beautiful Minnesota. Had breakfast (French Man's Toast) at my favorite spot, The Naniboujou Lodge.....(google it). When we were about to leave, I asked my wife Joan, to take a photo of me soaking up the ambience....lol. I picked up a Tanks gas tank for the '32. Another step closer......

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  18. Sept 6' 17.jpg Well, now that we are into September, we are back at the '32 in the work bay of my little shop and it sure does feel good ! Son , Myles, gave me a gift certificate to the Welder Series for my birthday recently so I ordered up some of their front end parts, yesterday. I forgot how heavy some of these old Ford front end parts are.......maybe it is a good thing that this will be my last car project ........ I will keep you posted as the good stuff such as the engine install should be coming soon.....:)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  19. CHECK YOUR PM'S.

20. welder series FE.jpg Look what the mail man just brought to my house.....More front end fun for the '32 project from the "WELDER SERIES"

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  21. metalman

metalman

Great story here. I know where my 1st hot rod is sitting (sitting a key word, been apart for 30 some odd years) but the guy won't sell. I keep asking though.
    I bought a full set of Brookville fenders for the 32 Vicky we have. Rears fit perfect, fronts needed quite a bit of slicing and dicing to make them fit, like vintagehotrods above the drivers side where it bolts to the frame needed the most. I have heard the ones they sell now are a different vender and fit better.

loudbang and Hapydz like this.
  22. JWL115C

JWL115C
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would look at Brookville first. Just started reading the project blog and enjoying it very much. Thanks for sharing. I have a 31 Model A Roadster with a Brookville body. It has a '67 SBC 283, GM TH-350, and a Ford 8" diff. It is geared a little high with the 7.50 x 16 rear tires, but still an enjoyable ride.

loudbang and Hapydz like this.
  23. JWL115C

JWL115C
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have you considered leaving it as is? I am recommending this since it was on the car when you first bought it. Sort of a tribute to its past. Just a thought... JWL

Hapydz likes this.
  24. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

As far as fenders go, you might want to get in touch with Brandon https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/members/tattoos-by-brandon.155396/

He recently had a thread on a 32 5 window barn find that he just shipped to Germany.
    In the thread he says that he still has the extra set of NOS front fenders that he got with it.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/got-me-a-32-five-window-barn-find-today.1070604/page-4
    Yes I still have the extra set of nos fenders

You can see them here in the picture leaning against the wall.
    IMG_7276.jpg

You might want to get in touch with him quickly ;) :cool: :)

25. glrbird

glrbird

26. 2 Oct 2.jpg Let the fun begin..... Made a bunch of "Hot Rod Parts Runs" into beautiful Min. recently that should keep me busy out in my little shop. Now that I have the tranny hooked to the Vortec and hanging on the hook, we should have some good progress with a bunch of tweaking. I have been taking advantage of the last few good days of warm enough weather to paint some of the parts that will be needed first. I sure do love this hobby (hobby ? ya right....LOL)[ATTACH=full]3670792[/ATTACH]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  27. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I'm waiting to see the progress reports regularly complete with appropriate pictures! :cool::cool:

loudbang, LOU WELLS and Hapydz like this.
  28. Made yet another Hot Rod Parts Run today into beautiful Minnesota and had breakfast (French Man's Toast) at my favorite spot, The Naniboujou Lodge..... This will be our last visit to the Lodge for this year as they closed for the winter, for the most part. We will still be making parts runs into Mn during the winter but we will go into Grand Marais which is further , but that's ok as the drive along the lake shore is beautiful. Today, the fall colours were perfect. I picked up a Speedway steering arm for the '32 that had been delivered to Ryden's Border Store. I think the last item that I need to complete the front end now is a pair of shocks. The front end should be completed next week including the split wishbones.....all nice and glossy black. Pictures to follow...

Dick Stevens likes this.
  29. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Looking forward to some pictures! :D

30. Thanks for sticking with us Dick ! I will tidy up the work area a bit and get some photos on here this weekend....

Dick Stevens likes this.