Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stude Lark stationwagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1/2done, May 20, 2012.

1. stude54

stude54
    from michigan

Slip on over to the Studebaker Drivers club Forum, sign up and ask about a windshield. No cost to join the forum or post on the forum.

We always like new members and I'll bet some one has a used one for not much money.

2. Bob Andrews

Bob Andrews

Most anything you'd need for that car is readily available. I bet Tommy K would have your windshield. Great guy, and has mountains of Studebaker stuff.

Tom Karkiewicz
    62503 Mulberry Rd
    South Bend, IN 46614

574 287-5834 ​

3. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Maybe at the Orphan Show in Yellow Springs, lots of Studebakers there...Sept. 22, 2012....Youngs Dairy.....

4. fleetside66

fleetside66

Is that the original paint? I had a convertible ('59) that was very close, if not the same, as that blue. Nice save...better snap up that window on Ebay.

5. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Im jelous dude. I have a thing for oddball makes, and Stude wagons are all kinda awesome to me. Althou a '65 is my dream Stude longroof i'd be happy to roll this on its belly.
    Great score.

6. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Your comment on the Chevy vs the Stude engine.....

I've got a coupla Studes...my daily driver is a 59 2dr. wagon, Stude powered (259), automatic.
    In the 10+ years that I've been driving it, only once did it leave me stick...and it wasn't a Stude part, the thermostat stuck closed..!

I'm currently working on a 54, 2dr. wagon to use as my daily driver. The 59 will be for sale once the 54's up and running.
    The 54 is getting a low miles 259 and a GM T-200-4R stuck into it. Got a flat head right now..! Also getting an upgraded Dana 44 for the back.

The Stude engine is a pretty tuff ol bird. Just the ocasional valve adjustments are required. If you look around, they had a GM based distributor in the later models...so every-day GM points, cap and rotor drop in place.

Have fun.

Mike

7. PackardV8

PackardV8

I didn't notice what year being mentioned, but as MVV says, the early '60s Lark V8s came with a Delco distributor.

As far as reliability, a Studebaker V8 and Borg-Warner automatic are as reliable and any mechanical parts made in their era. All new fluids, new ignition parts, tranny bands adjusted to spec and it should be a reacher.

FWIW, I had a '56 259" Power Hawk which would sit for years and then go cross-country without a hiccup.

jack vines

8. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

I got a windshield today. As soon as I get it in I'll start going through the mechanicals and get some side glass cut.
    [​IMG]
    Not having to wear goggles to drive it is good motivation.

9. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

good motivation indeed! I got one step closer to getting our 60 Wagon home this weekend. Sold my 65 Stude to make room in the garage

10. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

Figured I should update this thread. I've worked on the wagon off and on over the last 3yrs. I fixed the floor where a previous owner tore the a/c ducts out of his house for floor pans. His attention to detail on the MC access port was epic.
    [​IMG]
    I made just the sections needed. This isn't a restoration, this is make sure I don't fall out and run over myself.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I repaired a spot behind the rear wheel that was sculpted out of bondo at some point.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also replaced the broken front and rear springs so it sits level now.
    [​IMG]
    All the glass is good and it has a GM alternator now too. Wheels and tires and it's on the road.

Barn Find and Chrisbcritter like this.
  11. Another long roof welcome to the club! Boy you are reallying going to town on her. Keep us posted. Bruce. 1956 buick special station wagon 002.jpg

1/2done likes this.
  12. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

this a friends Stude wagon in W.Pa.

Attached Files:

13. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Well done!

14. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

Hnstray likes this.
  15. flatford39

flatford39

So is it a Stude V8??? What about drive train??? Any overdrive??

16. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio