Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1936 Ford Coupe: Need help with proper tail light stand location on rear fenders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ibflyin, May 17, 2017.

1. ibflyin

ibflyin
    from Tulsa, OK

I bought a '36 Ford 5w coupe a few weeks ago and a previous owner installed '37 tail lights on some fabricated mounts. I want to go back to original lights and stands, but they did a good enough job filling the holes, I cannot locate them, even inside the fenders.

Anybody have a '36 rear fender, or working on a car without the tail lights installed, who'd be willing to sketch me a diagram?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    IMG_5710.JPG

2. bondolero

bondolero

I can tell you the distance of the first hole and then the third, can do a sketch if necessary.
    I say third hole because there is also a 2nd hole for the wires/loom to pass thru.
    stand is pretty much centered side to side. I can also take a photo and then give you the measurements. the stands have 5/16 bolt holes.
    As you probably know, the 37 lights are way higher.

3. cretin

cretin

I've got a fender I can measure for you tomorrow if someone else doesn't get to it first.

4. ibflyin

ibflyin
    from Tulsa, OK

Thank you, bondolero!

5. ibflyin

ibflyin
    from Tulsa, OK

Thank you 1oldtimer!

6. ibflyin

ibflyin
    from Tulsa, OK

Thank you cretin! Actually, cbillelder sent me some pictures of the fenders he has listed for sale, with measurements and marks that, along with the other input here should provide what I need.

Thanks again!
    Tim

7. cretin

cretin

Great! Since I didn't get the chance to do it this weekend, I was actually just about to go to where the fender is stored to get the measurements for you. So, thanks for letting me know you got what you needed.