Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Mullins trailer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racemad55, May 18, 2017.

1. racemad55

racemad55

Any hamber have an original one that they could take pictures of the tailgate detail near the bottom reveal where it lines up with the body-tub. also inside of the hinge area. Thanks in advance.

2. cretin

cretin

We've got one that we repaired at the shop. I'll try to remember to snap a few photos tomorrow.

3. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Here are pictures of one I owned a couple years ago. Sorry, the best I can do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

5. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

6. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

IMG_2746.JPG I also owned a Mullins Red Cap trailer, I sold it in the 90's.
    It was unrestored and solid except for the area in the front of the body, I had original hub caps, latches, but it was missing the original cast hitch coupler.
    There was an active club for these trailers but it has since disbanded.
    I have attached a photo of the book that the one of the clubs founders wrote about the history of the trailer.
    I also noticed that in the photo in the previous post showing the tailgate that the inner structure is missing, the tailgate was double paneled originally.

7. cretin

cretin

Oh man. I had a bunch of car trouble today and completely forgot to snap some photos.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. racemad55

racemad55

Thanks for all the replies. Am I correct to assume that the tailgate hinges on a full length 5/16 rod ?

9. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

If I remember correctly the tailgate had two small tab type hinge, one on either side. I know it was not a full length hinge.

10. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

The Mullins club is still alive & well. the address is Mullins Owners Club PO Box 387 Hardy, Ar. 72542.
    They have a news letter with good info, member listings, parts supplies. It is worth joining if you are going to rebuild one.

11. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

A slightly better view. I am pretty sure mine did not have a piano hinge. I think Kabinroller is correct.There is a Mullins trailer owners club on fasebook maybe someone in that club can help.

[​IMG]

12. kabinenroller

kabinenroller