Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Would there be any interest in a Wisconsin Hot Rod hundred?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Jun 30, 2016.

?
  1. Finally, I have been waiting my entire life for this event

19 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nah, I would rather stay home and watch Wheel of Fortune

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gene-koning

gene-koning

As long as the little credit I get counts towards the 100 mph quarter mile run after the 100 mile cruise that wsdad suggested, I'm OK with that. Big grin.

I never intended to make believe my drive to the event was anything special, the cruise is what its all about. At the same time, not a lot of guys can do a long distance trip, the 100 mile cruise, and then run 100 mph in the quarter with the same car. If you happen to be one of those few, congratulations, I'm impressed! Gene

Roothawg and leadfootloon like this.
  2. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Oh I misunderstood. Yep, 176 miles should be full credit for the 100 mph 1/4 at the end:D. And nope, I'm not one of those guys. It's a long way home, and I'm running 80 year old junk from the flywheel on back.

Roothawg likes this.
  3. T Shirts are here! One week from tomorrow, 75 cars answered yes, we are interested!

4. gene-koning

gene-koning

We are so ready! Next week is final car check over. The cruise will the the start of our vacation! We are doing a loop around the entire outside edge of WI. 176 miles to the cruise, 1000 miles home! Gene

UNSHINED 2, Waddell and Max Gearhead like this.
  5. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

All systems go (okay perhaps good enough for the trip)
    looking forward to the drive
    :cool: and apparently a little late in finding this, been signed up for months
    Bruce.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    gonmad, UNSHINED 2 and Waddell like this.
  6. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

....perhaps good enough for the trip, is as good as "ALL SYSTEMS GO" gets for me. :p:rolleyes:

1959Nomad and UNSHINED 2 like this.
  7. Sounds like a great vacation. Will be interested to find out your route.

See you all Saturday, Lord willing.

8. Gene, we need cool pics from your trip or it didn't happen !

9. Roothawg

Roothawg

Counting down!

10. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Just a reminder for anyone who is looking for something to do on Friday evening. You are welcome to swing out to my place and check out Max Gearhead and my projects, bench racing, and some Hot Beef Sanwiches and a beverage or two....

PM me for address and directions.

Im about 10-15 minutes west of Tomah......

Max Gearhead likes this.
  11. gene-koning

gene-koning

Unshined 2, send you a PM.

Neil Are those cool jackets going to be available?

Sam, I don't do so well with pictures....We took the coupe to CO last year and only took about a dozen pictures. I guess we were too busy having fun. Gene

12. ok,..take more pics and you get better at it. lol

13. Gene If your talking about the post Neil made with the picture. Those are the t shirts for registered participants.

1959Nomad likes this.
  14. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Looks like it might be a little wet, so put on a fresh coat of Rain-X and plug the holes best you can, this is a rain or shine run......

That being said, though we thought it might be nice to end some place warm and dry for lunch. So, the run will now end in Fountain City at the Monarch Public House http://www.monarchtavern.com/ It's a cool looking place with some history, so don't let a few (or even a lot of) rain drops keep you from coming out. It'll be warm and dry at the end.

Lunch is still provided (same as it would have been at Elmer's), but we hope you will show your appreciation for the flexibility and hospitality of the folks at the Monarch by tipping the staff and spending a few bucks while your there.

Its only a couple miles from Elmer's (our original destination) so for any that want to go up and see their collection, they will be open after lunch.

See ya Saturday!

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    UNSHINED 2 and leadfootloon like this.
  15. Can't rain on my fun!!! Plus it's calling for scattered rain we could be fine. Ater all its Wisconsin anything is possible. See you all out there.

16. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Just like the good old days, 100 miles, in the rain, up hill all the way there and back...
    oh wait, that was walking to school:rolleyes:

17. Good one Bruce!! It's funny we do this kind of stuff on our motorcycle and all we do is come prepared. When your on a schedule you ride in what ever is handed to you, have to make the next spot. For the most part we get blessed but it has happened and it makes for great stories.:D I'm going to have fun no matter what!!!

18. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ain't raining on my parade! See you guys tomorrow!

19. flatjack

flatjack

Got fresh Rain-X on the windshield. Ready to go.

20. gene-koning

gene-koning

My car sits outside and I drive it in the rain around here, I actually have windshield wipers that function. I can drive it in the rain here, or I can drive it in the rain there. See you guys Sat morning rain or shine. I'll pray for the sunshine, or at least dry conditions, but will be grateful for whatever we get. Gene

21. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

Little chilly this morning but looks like a good turn out.

22. Yes a good turnout. Kinda wet but a good time today. And nothing broke! :D:D:D