Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Any Weekend Goals?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Feb 25, 2017.

1. I need to work outside on my hood... raining like a bugger so I just chased parts. Picked up some stainless screen (T-Bolt hood slots) and a storage vessel big enough so I can soak the front of my hood in a citric acid bath to eat all the rust. Ordered some supplies on eBay. Tomorrow is supposed to be okay so I can work on the hood.

2. Feel like I need to build a Drag Boat, damn rain will not quit!

bobss396 likes this.
  3. FINALLY stopped here on the Island. Rained like hell all day Saturday and was cold and windy. Today is MUCH better.

mad mikey likes this.
  4. Hotdoggin DaddyO

Hotdoggin DaddyO
    from Hays, Ks

Try to avoid Mondays hangover.

mad mikey likes this.
  5. Survived the two 18 hour long days of the floral business leading up to the insanity of the annual Mothers Day weekend debacle, went out for lunch today and Brenda's asleep on the couch and I'm on the computer between naps,I'm too damn old for ridiculous long hours. HRP

mad mikey likes this.
  6. I am pretty much in the same club. Get some rest Danny.:)

7. Need to have that extra cash on hand in case another Deuce cone up for sale.:rolleyes: I think I will go take a nap.:cool:

8. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Got the FE in the car and started yesterday. First pic is saturday morning,second is saturday about 7pm.Seems to work fine. 100_0039.JPG 100_0049.JPG

bobss396 likes this.
  9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Placed WANT ads on all the websites looking for Model A Closed Body door tops. Remember the old days when there were junk doors for sale? What did all the Coupester builders do with the tops they cut off? Bob DSCF8122.JPG

10. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

It's just passed 4 p.m. and it's Sunday. No

11. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

Re-doing my 9" bronco rear brakes,
    had a bucket of odd parts,
    but no rectangular springs, ordered them, got 'em, 1/2 size, re-ordered the right ones...
    bronco's have 2.5" shoes, my pins were 2 long, 2 short... ordered 2 more long pins...
    ready to assemble, the cap for the left star adjuster was too small... buddy had 1.
    the left top shoe retainer washer was not to be found... made one...
    I had put both long shoes on the right side...DUH, took them apart and swapped them...
    finally put the drums on...
    Checked a tranny leak, was the dip stick tube, pulled it out, drained 2 quarts onto the floor...
    went in town to get a new O ring, bought 2 [stock rings]... too big... back in town, got 'em...
    DONE... gonna watch some hockey tonight... hoping for better luck Monday !

steinauge likes this.
  12. D.Lee

D.Lee
    from Czexas

My weekend goal was to finish wiring my car, and start it.
    I got all of that done by Friday night so I spent all weekend driving it!!
    IMG_3781.JPG

Fordgasser1 and olscrounger like this.
  13. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

Let's see, I have to plumb the brakes, plumb the fuel, mount the seat, make the wiring nice, install fan, generator, belts, hoses, etc. Oh my I have a busy weekend 20170517_195619.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. Zippi

Zippi

Got my 37 Ford Pickup back from the upholstery shop so I need to install a door latch plus it's been gone for 5 weeks so I need to drive the crap out of it.

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

Make the toe board extensions for the '29 Steelback, simple task, hope to check them off the to do list. Still looking for closed car door tops. Bob

16. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Heading to El Mirage for the SCTA May meet to run our roadster pictured in the avatar. Current record is 159.2 and we are needing 8/10 mph so I can finally retire this engine after 42 years of racing it.

jnaki likes this.
  17. Steel in Motion! HRP

[​IMG]

18. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Going to fill a few holes in the firewall on the baby bird.

They joys of 20ga....

19. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I am wiring up a Road Runner... I will send a pic tomorrow if I get on it straight away.

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. kiwiandy

kiwiandy

Weekend goal is to sort the garage ready to remove my engine from my shoebox next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. ROCKER77

ROCKER77

I will be heading out to El Mirage. Not racing just enjoying the racing with good friends and family..

22. cretin

cretin

Hope to get a decent amount done this weekend. My daily broke down last friday, and the '36 pickup broke down on me today. Hope to get both of them fixed. I haven't had good car luck lately with those two breakdowns and my '36 3w fiasco. Then I hope to make a body dolly for my '54, and get anything done on the T. Good thing I have 3 day weekends!

23. Numero uno.. stay dry. It was blistering hot yesterday at 93... cooled off while at a cruise night in a friends OT Vette and rained on us on the way home. Today is 60 and overcast but I have to take the alternator out of my Ford, the regulator is acting fluky so I'll take it down to where I got it and swap it for another, believe the warranty is expired but they're nice guys.

My hood is in the acid bath, I have to let the acid do its thing. Other plans besides trying to open the pool are helping my buddy tear down his LS engine so that can get into the shop.

24. Meeting up with a few H.A.M.B.ers Sunday morning!:cool: For breakfast before checking out this show.

Event: Unfinished Hot Rod Show
    Date: Sunday - May 21 2017
    Time: 9 AM to 3 PM

More Info at www.bigalstoybox.com

25. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

26. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Goal: Wisconsin Hot Rod Hundred.
    194 miles to Tomah. 108 mile drive. 284 miles home.
    So that's a good weekend so far. Next up, yard work.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. Got my alternator fixed, went back to where I got it and he tested it, all was ok. I told him that the problem came in after it was hot and had a load on it, so he replaced the regulator and it was only $15. We tore down my buddy's LS engine, no big surprises considering the 275k miles on it and poor maintenance. Piston skirts were scuffed and rod bearings towards the front of the crank were scored up.

28. topher5150

topher5150

I put this together...I think I'll try something smaller like my rider mower before I use it on the car IMG_20170522_194700902.jpg

29. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There are now 48 louvers in the hood of my Falcon, and a recessed Jag gas cap up on top of the quarter panel, by the back window.

Next weekend will see the original fuel filler disappear. If I have time, and can find a chunk of 2-1/2" fuel filler hose, for temporary use, I will drop in the brand new and already modified (for side fill, vent, and EFI return) 22-gallon Mustang tank.

The37Kid likes this.
  30. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Id like to paint my firewall..... 20170521_172300.jpg

bobss396 likes this.