Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Odd reactions to your daily driver

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Road Runner, Aug 29, 2016.

1. image.jpg This made me chuckle. Earlier this week I picked my son and his friend who are both 9 up to go to lacrosse practice in my '62 Chrysler. My son hops in the front seat and his friend is still standing in the driveway... I say come on, hop in. He replies "how do you get this door open" meaning the rear door of which there isn't one. Made me laugh. I guess it's a bit of a commentary on how few two door cars there are these days that in his nine years of age he'd never been exposed to one before now:)

clem, Bruce Fischer, cretin and 6 others like this.
  2. J D Coop

J D Coop

I was gassing the coupe up a while back and a kid came over and said, "I like your car, is it new?" I said, "nope, it's a 1936." He say's "Wow, how long have you had it". I say's "bought it new".

Sitting at a stop light and a Toyota full of teeny boppers pulls along side. One girl rolls down the window and say's "Nice car..........GRANDPA!". Without missing a beat I replied, "Well, thank you little fat girl".

moparboy440, LSGUN, xpletiv and 8 others like this.
  3. I'm watching Jeopardy, it may have been 2 weeks ago. One of the questions was to identify a car in a picture they had for the clue... nobody could even tell what make it was... a 1957 Chevy Belair.

Bruce Fischer and Nailhead Jason like this.
  4. stimpy

stimpy

you should see the reaction I got when MY former FIL told me to take his 68 t-bird 4 door to pick up my brother in law and his friends at school , My brother in law grew up with the car so he knows about the doors , they said thats a dumb place for a door handle , but his freinds jaws all dropped when he opened the back one for them . they never seen suicide doors .

5. [QUOTE="Sitting at a stop light and a Toyota full of teeny boppers pulls along side. One girl rolls down the window and say's "Nice car..........GRANDPA!". Without missing a beat I replied, "Well, thank you little fat girl".[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of my young single days in loud bars....me asking a gal to dance me..... "hey would you like to dance? " (loud bar remember) .girl..."no", ....me " no, I said you look fat in those pants!"

J D Coop, clunker and Kroombit like this.
  6. I was out with the Ford on my way home from the gym. I stop at a light and this guy in a newer Mustang is next to me, the Mustang is some horrible gold color. He asks me a couple of questions... and drops the bomb... WHAT COLOR ARE YOU GOING TO PAINT IT? I told him I wasn't sure, but almost said, sure as hell not baby-diarrhea yellow...

7. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    Our 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery was cool looking by itself, (being a red/orange color with small hubcaps) but whenever my wife drove, she would get the most stares. Our seats were very comfortable and for some reason, low. So, despite all adjustments, sometimes, only her long hair was flying out of the open driver’s side window.

There were times when some guys would pull up after seeing her long hair flowing out of the window. (like seeing long hair flowing out of a full biker helmet) They would wave, roll down their window and try to talk to her.

But, as soon as I leaned forward and looked across to the window, they waved and took off…it must have been the mean look on my face. Actually, it was nice knowing that others thought the sedan delivery was ever driven by a woman. (and a cute one at that ! More points for me…)

Jnaki

I think that she secretly liked the attention that the sedan delivery brought, but she just liked driving around in it. She has always had her own tastes, after all and she is particular about what she drives. It has to be fast, comfortable and get at least 20 mpg.

But this sedan delivery lasted until the right rear blind spot started to get intense. (and that we needed to sell it to buy a single family, one level house...that sealed its fate.)

She also used to drive the red 1965 El Camino. Now, that car stood out just because it was red, a ½ pick up, ½ car and a girl driving it down the streets. She would tell us that the looks were different, but people would stare inquisitively as to why a long haired girl would be driving an El Camino and not a convertible.

If there was a Harley Sportster sticking out of the back after she picked me up from a bike stoppage, the looks were more intense.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  8. [​IMG]

We had just finished restoring this '52 Styleline for a customer and I was at a show. A lady clearly in her 90s comes up to the car and starts rubbing it all over. She is touching the headlights and running her finger down the fender. She was in some sort of old timey dream trance. She comes up to me and asks what kind of car it is. I tell her and I ask if she would like to sit in it. She sits in the driver's seat and starts to cry slowly. She proceeds to tell me how her dad had one just like it. Same color and everything. She tells me about how she got in trouble when she went out on a date and her shoe poked a hole in the headliner in the rear. She pointed to the spot. She says she tried to talk her way out of it when she brought the car back home, but her dad saw clear through her story. She told me thanks for the memories and gave me a hug. Ill never forget that day...... crazy...

9. My brother and I were driving in his Maverick with a fresh 351 Windsor in it with a chunky cam and some friendly St Louis urban youth pull up at a light next to us and one of them shouts "Daaaammm that Muhfugger got a caaaaam in it?" Without missing a beat, My brother says "Yep or it wouldn't be runnin!!" :D

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  10. skuzkitty

skuzkitty

I live in a now pretentious Ski Town and I'm constantly being scolded on how my 34' is killing the environment !
    People avoid me like some kind of plague.
    Not sure if its the loud pipes or all the tattoos or both.
    I get a good laugh.

11. HEY Truck64.I am right here.LOL.Bruce.

12. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

I just don't see how that's even possible. Huh.

13. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

I think there's medications for people like that now but I really wish they wouldn't let them out in public.

14. topher5150

topher5150

My dad bought his 40 Ford sedan and drove it home, and he said there was a biker tailing him the whole way home. So being there patient fellow that he is he pulls the choke smokes the biker.

15. 327Eric

327Eric

How come it has a clutch pedal if it is an automatic? Its been a while since I had a three on the tree, but got that one a lot.

16. verde742

verde742

she was over 6' feet tall, cute story tho,,,

17. Yeti Man

Yeti Man
    from NorthTexas

So, I used to drive my '47 Ford Tudor to work every day, and I always parked it out front. Customer comes up to the counter and he wants to know if he can ask a question. I say sure thing. He asks "what is that old car doing out there?" I replied that's my ride, and the dude says "but what's it for?" At this point, I realized I wasn't dealing with Einstein, I told him it's waiting to take me home when I go off duty. He gave me the deer in the headlights stare for a few seconds and the left. I never have figured out why that dumbfounded him so much...

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.