Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage STEEL IN MOTION 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Merlin, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

It's gonna be upon us before ya know it. This show is fantastic, the Geargoyles put on a hell of a show. So whos going? 15241825_1288805214504472_9098131777646001886_n.jpg

More info here: http://steelinmotion.net/

jim snow likes this.
  2. I'm very sorry to have to be the one who tells you this... The Sock Fuckers will be there... again. Even that Canadian guy.

PBRmeASAP, Tudor and Merlin like this.
  3. nickk

nickk

I'll be there if I'm alive and kicking, this is for sure the best show around!

4. Was talking about it this afternoon with a friend.......... Great show. Highly recommended by this guy.

5. Wouldn't miss it. Best show of the year!

Merlin likes this.
  6. I hope to be there. HRP

Merlin likes this.
  7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

seadog you got that roadster ready for a run with me? Got my reservation at the Quality Inn after seeing this thread reminded me to "get er done".

8. Ready Dave. Looking forward to it. Although, to be fair you'll need to spot me a couple lengths.:D

9. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

That should be a good one, my money is on Tom.

10. This is a great show !!!..I leave early AM , stop for breakfast, great drive on some uncrowded back roads...Spend the day at an absolute hoot of a show..leave mid-afternoon for a leisurely back-track home..
    All in all a great day at a super - dooper show....Do not miss this gathering , its the tops !!!

11. Better save your money, Harry. He's running slicks, a bigger engine, more carburation and a helluva lot more. I'm just a little, almost stock, 289. Will be fun nonetheless.

Merlin likes this.
  12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Tombo, believe it or not, those slicks actually are too big for my engine and gear (3:70:1), and actually slow it down on the top end mph, and not too much better off the line on a good launch than my street tires.
    But the trouble comes on a bad launch when BGII gets all crossed up sideways, and I find my 79 year old reflexes sorta slow on keeping up with her! Last time I ran at Paradise in Calhoun, GA with the skinny 8.20X15 Coker bias ply BFG "Silvertown" tires, which are hard as a rock and only about 5.5" wide on tread, I got so far sideways I almost hit the Xmas tree:eek: Scared me and so I got busy and found some swap meet "Daisey" alloy 10X15 wheels and a bracket racer friend gave me his slicks from the year before, 29.5X10.5"
    Slows her down 4-5mph on top in 1/8, but feels a lot safer. At paradise, which has no traction treatment I can find, those Cokers would spin all the way thru 1st, halfway thru 2nd and tried to wheel hop in 3rd!:( Scary for an old man!
    Plan on changing to Diamondback WW Radials,all around, but I doubt I'll get around to it before SIM.

Mtn Goat likes this.
  13. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Nitrous? :D

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

No nitrous, just a normally aspirated 355 sbc.

Merlin likes this.
  15. Duck's Goat

Duck's Goat

unfortunately I'll be there again working the vendor/swapmeet areas :D

Merlin likes this.
  16. Anyone going down from the Raleigh area? Would like to tag along

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. To be honest Harry,I don't care who wins as long as both the old farts have a good time,these guy are the real deal,I'm proud to call them both my friends HRP

18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Thx for the kind words Danny, but things are all turned upside downo_O Tombo, the last time I saw a post from him, was in doubt on his roadster as the engine was still apart from his top end problems.
    BGII has a hyd. TO brg. problem that won't be resolved in time for SIM, so unless some other problem rears it's head, I'm coming in my '40 Ford coupe. It's a cruiser, not a racer so unless Tombo gets his roadster together and wants to race my coupe, it ain't gonna happen. But if he wants to race, then I'll run a time or 2 with the coupe just to keep the rivalry going.:cool:
    But I'll tell you now, I ain't launching that coupe like I do BGII and ain't twisting to 6500 rpm either:eek:

PBRmeASAP and Floater03 like this.