Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What seats for a 31 Tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rusty Karz, May 14, 2017.

1. Rusty Karz

Rusty Karz

I am working on a '31 Tudor and want a usable rear seat. Any suggestions on what to use for both the front seats and rear bench seat. Preferably something I can readily find at the wrecking yard from modern cars with removable headrests for the fronts.

2. Rusty Karz

Rusty Karz

I looked in the archive and found the Dodge Neon and PT Cruiser seats recommended for the front. Any others?

3. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

I stuck a 1980 Camaro rear in my 30 TuDor, seat back fit well and the two bucket bottoms left room for a center console if you want one. they are sitting there in the photo.

Attached Files:

4. Bugguts

Bugguts

I found a second row center seat from a Suburban fit perfectly in the rear of my 29. It was a 70/30 split second row seat and was a great find.of course I used the 70 part. I reused the original foam and used 3/4 plywood for the seat back panel. Had it reupholstered and it looks like it came with the car.
    If you do a search, there's some good threads on the subject.

5. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

I made my own backseatbench and seatback in my 29 Tudor from wood and hosestraps or whatever you call it over there. And, since I didnt use it too often for passengers anyway, and to custom fit the kickuped travese, I made them a bit higher to accommodate tools and such in two separate "storageboxes" underneath the cushion. Very practical: Also the seatback I made as detachable so to store oil and water behind it.

6. chargin03

chargin03

PT Cruiser Front. Dodge caravan for rear.

7. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Although my 32 is wider these still might work, I used a 2nd row seat from a dodge caravan in the rear and two door Toyota echo in the front. I sourced all three from my local u-pull-it.