Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion - May 19 and 20, 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Please park tight fellows. We need everyone's help keeping parking and clubs compounds from spreading out to make 2017 a success. Thanks ahead of time for your cooperation.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  2. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Friday night will get started off right with The Menders taking the stage at 7:30

Dog_Patch likes this.
  3. One week to go! Get your bullhorns ready SFCC.

PBRmeASAP and Dog_Patch like this.
  4. Some of the past events

This is from way back -

5. Only 7 more sleeps!!!!

6. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

jim snow and Dog_Patch like this.
  7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

8. Looking forward to it! HRP

9. Got my carb gaskets installed tonight. Last big piece of the puzzle. Gotta love the modern world, order parts at midnight Tuesday from Washington state and they are in my Georgia mailbox on the other side of the country Friday afternoon. Need to do some more high speed shake down runs as hasn't been driven more than 50 miles total on this build yet. To be honest I have had old cars all my adult life and I have never driven one 200 miles straight, not including a then only 30 year old '66 galaxie I took to college in '95, it will be a totally new experience with a 70 year old car.

Dog_Patch and jim snow like this.
  10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Are you convoying with some of the guys up there? Losing proposition for me to come thru N Metro, I go East on GA16 to Monticello, North on GA 83 to I20 East to exit 5 in SC and North on SC 121 to track.

Dog_Patch and Stewed like this.
  11. Where are you coming from??? They have completed the fall line freeway from Macon to wrens(24/ 540) then take #1 to augusta bypass(520) around to I-20, that highway from Macon to wrens is four lane interstate, 80 mph the entire way, and smooth sailing. I drive it weekly now.

If your not going to use your head, you might as well have two assholes!!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  12. I need to see how fast I can comfortably go. I have a .86 OD 5 speed, 28" tire and a 3.08 rear, in theory I can do 75mph at 2350rpm 65mph takes me down to 2050 rpm. This old splash oil 6cyl gets full torque at 1700 and falls on its face at 3000. I have only put about 12 highway miles on it so far and it seems OK but Id rather be on the safe side than sorry. Thinking of taking 85N up to Anderson then going cross country the rest of the way, would be about 3.5 hours. Have to check with Joseph and see what they are planning.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Stewed, as it states below my name on my avatar, I'm coming from Griffin. Macon and the fall line freeway are 50+ miles South of me.
    It's actually about 5-10 miles shorter to go to ATL and on up I85 and possibly a bit less time if all goes well, but on Fri. morning in midst of rush hour it is unusual for all to go well, and an accident, especially one with fatalities, can literally cost you hours.
    The way I go there's not a lot of interstate and only some of the rest is even 4 lane. But it's a pleasant drive thru scenic farmland and small towns

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  14. Worked on Dirty Old Mans trans today and saw some of the finer point in Griffin but damn it all never did get the clutch sorted out .

Didn't know DUI School was politically incorrect ..... Now you can get a PHD and we stopped by the Sock Shop for supplies - good day all in all.
    IMG_4978.JPG

IMG_4979.JPG IMG_4980.JPG IMG_4981.JPG

PBRmeASAP, Floater03 and jim snow like this.
  15. jim snow

jim snow

Ok the 41 is ready. We are ready and can't wait to hook up with the Assorted Nuts. Snowman

Dog_Patch likes this.
  16. Dunno, it's going to be close for me. The Broken Roadster is still apart. If I don't get it together this will be two years in a row that I'll be there in my daily. Looks like my challenge to DOM may have to wait, dangit.
    Broken.JPG

Dog_Patch likes this.
  17. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Tombo, we are both in the same boat:eek: BGII went sour on me last Fall at RWYB and when I finally found and fixed that problem and had it seemingly in good shape, so I parked it,. got out the '40 coupe and spent a month hitting cruise ins and shows while the weather was right.:rolleyes:
    Got several trophies:cool: and then got to thinking about the panther piss they call gas these days that had been in BGII since last Fall when she went sour at RWYB and decided to get her out and ride till I burnt up that old gas and fueled up fresh:)
    Still ran great but when I got out on the rural roads where I could lay down some power, my clutch was slipping:eek: Not real bad and not noticeable except under full power at higher speeds in 3rd and 4th gears, but I knew it was enough that it would slip badly on the drag strip:(
    So with less than 3 weeks till SIM and me only 6 mos from turning 80, I put her in the shop and up on stands, got on the creeper and pulled the trans, safety bell housing and clutch. When you're old and slow it takes awhile , and of course life also has interfered to the point I was way behind and struggling.:(
    So yesterday Dog Patch takes pity on a wore out old fart, and comes down to my shop:) and we finish up the job:D But then the hydraulic TO brg. blew a seal or something and failed:eek:
    No way an old fart like me can pull all that shit back out, find the problem, get the parts from McLeod in CA and get that car back together in time to get it to SIM:(
    So current plan is to come to SIM in the '40 coupe, put it in the show so I can park on pit side with the rest of Sock Fuckers. Was gonna run you with it, even though she's a cruiser, not a racer, but if you're not running, I prolly won't race, just show:oops:
    But if humanly possible I'll be there as SIM is a meeting ground and reunion for the Sock Fuckers who have spread out in the last few years till we're not only international, but INTER CONTINENTAL:cool:

Dog_Patch likes this.
  18. trying to get the 34 back on the road just one thing after another got the tri power working and drove it then the water pump went got that fixed and now the fuel pump order a new one and got it went to put it on today and it's for a big block so off to parts store tomorrow after work. But we will be their.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  19. Keep working through the problems everyone. I have to figure out why the wagon was running like crap the other day. I'm blaming it on the junk gas available. Now has a full tank of non ethanol 92 so I need to take some test drives. See you Friday!

Dog_Patch and jim snow like this.
  20. heading south in 2 days....

Dog_Patch likes this.
  21. toucan

toucan
    from sc

new job is killing me! will have no bike ,no truck,but i will be there! wife cooler and chair. not exciting but ive never missed one and will be there one way or another. best show in the south!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  22. What's a wife cooler Toucan?? Might need to get one of those.

I'm ready to be there.

23. DAVID KLUTTZ

DAVID KLUTTZ

24. DAVID KLUTTZ

DAVID KLUTTZ

Dad is in the hospital...had to cancel my rooms today--Sorry but I can't make it--Ya'll have fun!!
    Tick Tock

Attached Files:

25. Hitting the road in about 2 hours. Got some stops to make, planning to be at the track on Friday morning.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  26. Due to circumstances beyond my control we won't be there until Saturday morning,I'll be in the mordor. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    catdad49 and Dog_Patch like this.
  27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Danny, where do you hang out? I'll be with the SFCC in my '40.

28. ratrod0

ratrod0

What's the weather honing to be

29. Dave,I have never had any particular place to park,I just find a spot and park.

Barry,it looks like a 20 % chance of rain Friday & Saturday. HRP

Union, SC Weather

Day Description High / Low Precip Wind Humidity
    Fri
    MAY 19 Partly Cloudy
    88°64°
    20%
    SSW 4 mph 58%
    ---------------------------------------

Sat
    MAY 20 Mostly Sunny
    89°64°
    20%
    SSE 6 mph 53%

30. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Accu- Weather .com says 88* Fri. & Sat. with 24% chance of Thundershowers both days, Sun. morning showers and afternoon thunderstorms