Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 5/12/17 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, May 12, 2017.

1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Happy Mothers Day to the ladies who love hot rodders ...........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2NDCHANCE, Okie Pete, Lepus and 49 others like this.
  2. Mark A

Mark A
    from Michigan

Great start. Thank for all the likes from the last show, just a couple of old ones, and a new one. Have a happy Mothers day everyone. nova2.jpg OLD2.jpg roadster2.jpg cartoons piece3.jpg

3. Smoking start & Happy Mothers day to all the mums out there.

khougaz-finished.jpg

HEMI32, Okie Pete, exartist and 28 others like this.
  4. Entering via the front door this time, bunch of flowers in my hand and a smile on my face...
    Great start as usual and a Happy Mother's Day to the Mum's.

IMG_7895_A4polohdrorthdroilcptntcomicbrtshpostlogo50.jpg

Okie Pete, Lepus, Animal and 22 others like this.

5. You guys are the best! I started this doodle. It's getting a little crazy. I may try it again. And have a great mothers day weekend everyone. 20170512_051450.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Okie Pete, Lepus, Animal and 26 others like this.
  6. This is what I have for mother's day. A photo of my mother.It is beside our 57 Chevrolet. The older color photo's I think are art. 20170512_064403.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Okie Pete, exartist, Lepus and 32 others like this.
  7. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2017-5-12_4-30-3.png 1992
    Hello,

These are the last 4 vehicles that I built and owned. All had modified Reedy motors, oil shocks where we could put them, and different versions of the remote control frequencies. The Blackfoot Ford Truck was given to me by an employee of Tamiya Corp in Aliso Viejo as a complimentary promotional item. It was complete and ready to go, right off of the showroom rack.

Of course, being the good guy that I am, I gave this complete Ford RC Truck to a neighbor that lived a few doors down the street, hoping that he would get involved. He told me that his job prevented him from spending that amount of time building and racing these fun toys. He gave it to his son and the son was completely happy. So goes the RC custom, building and racing days. Time and money well spent.

Jnaki

Ok, what happened to all of these cool cars? They were left overnight one time after a weekend of total fun and messing around. The cars were left at another friend’s garage/yard compound to be picked up later and someone got inside and took all of the R/C cars, controllers, and batteries. It was a total shock as the friend was so mad and frustrated at this happening. I guess someone had followed all of us bringing these cars back to my friend’s house and saw that we left.

The theft was not discovered until the next day… what disheartening news. All of that hard work down the drain. It took quite some time to calm down, but, another part of history with some form of cars flies out of the window. Sad, but true…no more R/C cars for me…but, I still have an original high performance 25 year old, Reedy Motor ready and waiting in the garage, for…???

Guess who liked driving that pink one with the water flames?

upload_2017-5-12_4-33-28.png upload_2017-5-12_4-34-10.png

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  8. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg image.jpeg Great start, happy Mother's Day to all. Another brick in the wall.

Okie Pete, Lepus, Animal and 24 others like this.
  9. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

image.jpeg Edsel's Ford's Speedster.

Okie Pete, Lepus, Animal and 24 others like this.
  10. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

11. kool 52

kool 52

[​IMG]
    Lucky enough to included in a Art Show as part of The Boogaloo Invitational Hot Rod & Custom,painted my buddy's 1952 Triumph using 1-shot enamel

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bob...is this a drawing or altered photo....man these are bad ass

13. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well.....happy mothers day to all the women out there with a special shoutout to my wife of 45 years...hang in there baby, retirement is just 6 mos away. IMG_2199.JPG IMG_2194.JPG

14. I didn't realise Mother's day was the same date, around the globe, and as I hand draw a card for my Mum every year, for almost thirty years, I'm running late getting it done this year.
    Checking out this weeks art thread, has inspired me to design a different card this year, and I only have a day to get it done.
    IMG_20170513_213248.jpg

So I'll leave a space, and if it's worthy of posting when it's done, I'll pop it in here.

Edit, got it done, but only had just over an hour to get it done, so it's fast and dirty.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  15. Happy Mom's Day to all,...thanks for all the " likes" from previous shows,...
    ...here's an oldie and a couple recent quick scratches...
    fri art 17 048.jpg fri art 17 038.jpg fri art 17 079.jpg

Okie Pete, Lepus, JimC and 25 others like this.
  16. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

t-2.jpg t-1.jpg I kind of copied the idea, but I can take credit for the fabrication work.

Okie Pete, exartist, Jokem59 and 22 others like this.
  17. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

WOW Very nice work

18. FAS rocks...Tom-T and Gabby on a road trip to LA Roadster show from Virginia ..Stop over in Grants New Mexico IMG_3510.JPG IMG_3511.JPG IMG_3512.JPG IMG_3513.JPG IMG_3514.JPG IMG_3515.JPG

2NDCHANCE, Okie Pete, Animal and 14 others like this.
  19. sololobo

sololobo

this roadster is el supremo

20. sololobo

sololobo

what a great start to the F.A.S., 2nd chances trophy engine is off the hook, great work Gary and crew!!

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  21. sololobo

sololobo

the Mom in the red dress by the 57 Chevy is just amazing!

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  22. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Great show so far everyone, keep'em comin'.

Cruisin', Ron Funkhouser and Mark A like this.
  23. It's the Mother's Day Friday Art Show once again and of course its time to remember Mom. I always try to do something special for my Mom which usually includes giving her a card that expresses those special feelings that we all have for our Mom's but sometimes have a hard time conveying in our own words. I figure there's probably a lot of you fellow H.A.M.B.ers out there who have the same problem, so with that in mind I figured I would help you all out. Here's a colored sketch of my take on Ed Roth's Mothers Worry, specifically designed as a Mothers Day card and a perfect way to tell her she's still #1 (ha ha). Seriously folks, have fun and happy FAS ![​IMG]

24. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

These were black and white photos that I colorized and digitally painted ........

25. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thank you Lanny, I appreciate it ..........

26. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man...they are way cool for sure.

57 Corvette ~ Bob likes this.
  27. kenmo

kenmo

A fine tribute and wonderful art...

28. kenmo

kenmo

Hemi powered 1930 Model A at 2016 Atlantic Nationals, Moncton, New Brunswick...

[​IMG]

Okie Pete, Mark A, Animal and 14 others like this.