Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest The Passing Of The Admiral -Don Zabel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, May 11, 2017.

1. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

IMG_1247.PNG It is with a solemn heart that I make this post.
    We lost another Hot Rod pioneer & Fellow Tromper "Original" Member. Tonight. IMG_1244.PNG

Don was the consummate Hot Rodder, CRA Car Owner, and just a Truly Bitchin Guy. IMG_1245.PNG
    Keep this guy in your thoughts when you hop in your Hop Up. I'm going to miss him!!!
    Godspeed Don aka " The Admiral". IMG_1246.PNG

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  2. brady1929

brady1929

3. Sad news. I have been watching various FB posts showing progress of Don's '32 roadster

4. Sorry to here this. The club members were getting Don's roadster together a couple of weeks ago...I'll post some pics I took...

Last edited: May 11, 2017

5. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Here's some pix from Sunday. IMG_1152.JPG IMG_1151.JPG IMG_1173.JPG It will be at the LARS in Don's honor, so please stop on by and think of Don Zable. Such a "Great Guy"!!!

6. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

What is really sad is that people who knew Don, ( club members, or people he thought were friends)-- have gone to his property and taken many ,many expensive parts, speed equipment, tools, etc without consent from the family. They did this knowing full well his widow was deaf and could not hear people raping the garages clean. They even tried to low-ball the family on the price (value) of his original 32 Ford roadster.

True story.

(*** If I know you, and the hot rod community is small in So Cal, I hope you are not one of these people )

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  7. plan9

plan9

@HellsHotRods what a bummer... unfortunately this is the norm... there are good folks in the hot rod community, but vultures and shysters are real. Seen it happen on a few occasions.

8. That is so messed up - I hope some of the stuff taken is rare enough that his real friends might identify parts and give the Jackholes the beating they now so deserve! Then have them arrested!