Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Gammz

Gammz
    from Lincoln Ne

beebee78 and strokedstang331 like this.
  2. So sounds like some Canadian folks are invading Steel In Motion ?

3. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

A group of us from Pennsyltucky will be there as well. Hoping to find some good local eats!

Dog_Patch and strokedstang331 like this.
  4. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

Yes he will.

Gammz likes this.
  5. crusty&rusty

crusty&rusty

Time for a road trip to see how they do it in the South! Hopefully Big A remembers how to get there.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  6. Yea some of them Chevy guys can't take a joke I've found out. Silver streak was the number 1 qualifier i think he had the fastest A/G time all weekend I was rite behind him. There is a lot more in my car though I'm just gonna get some seat time and find out what rpm it likes 're leave at and where it wants to be shifted before I go fine tuning. Timing is still real safe and air fuel is even safer.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  7. I will be stocked up on shirts for the meltdown for sure.

DubG, Gammz and loudbang like this.
  8. I hope you guys peel the 'cock-n-balls' sticker off your back window before you cross the border .....

sonic03bluegt and loudbang like this.
  9. i couldn't figure out why that customs guy was winking at me...

10. Man, didja figure out the deal with the race trailer generators (at Shadyside)? That was a weird one.

loudbang likes this.
  11. Well I got home and one of them ran fine. Then on Sunday I was messing around with the other one had the carb apart again put it back together still wouldn't run rite. So I pulled the plug out and cleaned it and it popped rite off and ran perfect. I never in a million years would have thought the plug would make it run like that but I ran them with the a/c on for 2 hrs Sunday and no issues. I'm going to run them some more before union though definitely don't want to deal with that again.

3dnsouth and loudbang like this.
  12. Hmmmm bad plug in the generator - remember that at Montgomery Tim? You the whole generator died shortly after that - the crud on the plug was alod on the valves and they finally seized - I don't run pump gas in mine anymore - but not really sure what caused the white crud to build up anyway.

3dnsouth and loudbang like this.
  13. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

Got tired of rebuilding carbs on our small engine stuff. Switched to 100LL AV gas and never looked back. Seems to be more stable when sitting over winter as well.

14. southcross2631

southcross2631

ethanol free gas in all small carbureted engines is the only way to go. My local Citgo gas station has marine gas that works great.
    Before I got my shop wired . I ran everything off my 7500 watt generator . It ran all day every day running my compressor and welder with no issues.
    Harbor Freight sells a good 7500 watt generator.

15. Been awhile since I posted an update. We had trouble in union thought it was ignition problems but turned out to be just plugs from a flooding out issue we had before first round of qualifying. Since then we have made the change to Mickey Thompson's on the rear. The car seemed to hook good on the Hoosiers but It would not wheelie no matter what I did. Tried the new M/T's out this past weekend and now she hooks real good and wheels are up like I want. We didn't get to make any good passes due to a vibration we picked up with the new tires but found out they were way out of balance so that problem is now solved. This weekend we will be making the trip to Knoxville for the next Stop on the SEG tour. Stop by we have all the T shirts stocked up and also habe hero cards to hand out. See everyone this weekend. FB_IMG_1496586038232.jpg FB_IMG_1496662646704.jpg FB_IMG_1495399459028.jpg FB_IMG_1495580659337.jpg

16. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

The wife and I have been lucky enough to tag along to the last 2 southeast gasser races with Jeff and his wife with the skairlane. Here is the first test pass from this weekend. I'm in the process of uploading them all to my YouTube and I will get all 5 passes of the car on here for the people who aren't on fascebook and follow the car on there. If you do want to follow him, go to Facebook and search skairlane 1955 and you can like/follow on there.

Although I'm extremely grateful to be on the track taking video of this beautiful car, my wife did ask me on Saturday morning while we were all hanging out, where's the model a (being a smartass)? Between her saying that and watching these cars and hanging out with great people all weekend, it really has me wanting/needing to get my car done to come to these races and actually drive a car on the track instead of taking video. I have got some stuff done since I last posted on here, I will get pictures loaded of the little but some progress and hopefully get some more frequent posts of my car build. I plan on hopefully having a mockup of the car at the meltdown drags this year. Big E

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    Pufff, 55belairx2, powrshftr and 5 others like this.
  17. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

18. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

19. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

20. loudbang

loudbang

WHEW just the sound of it is FAST

21. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

22. loudbang

loudbang

The guy Brown on the FE site kept breaking them too forget how he solved the problem.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    Dog_Patch likes this.
  23. Did the wheelie bar change stop it from going left? Or did you change anything at all?

loudbang likes this.
  24. I screwed the tires and lowered the wheelie bar 1/2" on the right. So not sure what helped most lol

25. I already contacted Jay Brown he has only broke the adjuster never broke the rocker itself.

loudbang likes this.
  26. The worst part of breaking the rocker was it knocked a hole in my magnesium valve cover. I will weld it up but made me mad. The rocker split open by the shaft. Still haven't figured out why though. I'm going to send them all in to T&D to get checked and see if they have any ideas on what happened.

20170610_190812.jpg 20170610_191625.jpg

27. Oh yeah, that would make me mad too.....!

loudbang likes this.
  28. IMG_5276[1].JPG
    For the love of low tension rings!

Pufff, Hang'emHigh, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  29. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Tony you might need to change the name of the Q and D to the Exterminator because of all the Mosquito fogging that you are doing:)

loudbang, 55belairx2 and allwilly like this.