Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Blue Angel: Part 2

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, May 9, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

The Blue Angel: Part 2

[​IMG]

2. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Tri 5's are very hard to get 'right' when customized, they are so kool stock (and raced).
    But to customize a convertible is another story, which we got, in it's self.

3. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Pretty damn cool!

"The car was lowered 5″ all around by removing the coil springs."

I thought '57 Chevrolet cars had parallel leaf rear springs?

butchcoat1969 and Dan Hay like this.
  4. Guys should customize tri-5s more often.

5. Yep. and they just "removed" the springs? Doubt it. Something is missing here. Probably cut a coil or two and lowering blocks in the rear.

butchcoat1969 and Malcolm like this.
  6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool ride & story

7. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Like Typo41 stated, Tri-Five Chevies already look good stock and it's hard to improve on their looks. 99 percent of the time, just a few mild custom touches is all it takes and a good example of that is the Sam Hollingsworth Nomad. With, that being said, the Blue Angel , along with the Aztec 55 are one of the few that have pulled it off.

8. butchcoat1969

butchcoat1969

They do unless they change the rear end and add coil springs to the rear end like my brother did to his 56 Chevy lol

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app HotRod Harry

9. butchcoat1969

butchcoat1969

Adding coil spring perches to the axel housing isn't that hard nor to add them to the body my brother did it to his 56 Chevy he modified spring perches off a 58 Chevy belair worked out great plus he narrowed it a bit but he sold that car and now is customizing a 58 belair he's got the frame narrowed with 18 by 18 wheels and tires under it and look badass, he put them side pieces off a impala behind the doors which look great and he's gonna add the same ones off the caddy off the front fenders and adding 59 caddy tail lights lens, and has a TM of there things to add to it it'll be one wicked looking 58 pig when he's done lol

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app HotRod Harry

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I never got 'grabbed' by Tri-5 Chevies 'customized'. Convertibles were better, but still a 'stretch'. (like pulling out the front and rear to make it look longer...lower...)

I often wonder if the lack of 'length' suggested the 'Bomb builders' refer to them as a 'short'!:cool::p

11. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Tri-dives have a short wheel base but they look Damn good stock.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. Ironically, this car is featured in the new Kustoms Illustrated that just came in the mail yesterday. Neat car.

Sancho likes this.
  13. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

If it's the car I'm thinking of it belongs to a gentlemen in Atlantic City, it sat outside of a body shop in Egg Harbor for a long time. I think it was finally finished up recently by a different shop.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I'd assume he meant removed coils of the spring. Let's not get hung up on a detail that doesn't matter from someone trying to remember it first hand from decades ago ;)

15. flatford8

flatford8
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Lyman,ME.

I agree.......but can I say it would've been nice if ol' camel toe in the last picture would smile!!......Mark