Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '48 HEMI plym mock up pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotty t, Nov 22, 2013.

Tags:
  1. n847

n847

Cool thanks. I may try and call FatMan. I have access to a couple brand new ones at a very discounted price, but need to know which one I need.

2. I think manual and power racks have a different diameter shaft, mine is manual

3. "i hope to be driving this thing in early summer." i had to laugh, i said this in march, talk about optimism.

Rich B. likes this.
  4. deto

deto

I feel ya man...

5. just adding a couple pics photo 2 (1).jpg

Attached Files:

Rich B. likes this.
  6. D-man313

D-man313

Valve covers look great! Get that thing done! Bowling green 2016

7. Bert is taking me with him to the chrome shop saturday, so hopefully the covers will be real shiny real soon. the frame is a roller now so the body will be back on it soon. should have been yesterday but i got called out to work.

8. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

You sir are also a craftsman! We are blessed with people who think out side of the box. I get new ideas every day from the HAMB. Thank you all. Don in N W Indiana

9. D-man313

D-man313

Im trying to get my truck back together with trans and rear end before winter. I want to drive it again before april!

10. i'll pass the compliment on to the real craftsmen! i'm more of the "idea man" who is lucky enough (sometimes)to find the real craftsmen to help me out.

11. let's see, 8 bolts for the trans and four u-bolts for the axle. two hours and you're done! now that's my forte - wrenching!

12. D-man313

D-man313

Need to make a new trans mount, move shifter, rebuild trans. I wish it was a 2 hour job!

13. Maybe my new sign will get me fired up to finish this thing!
    image.jpg

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    deto likes this.
  14. stroker572hemi

stroker572hemi
    from denver co

Your 48 is bad ass... love that custom looke changes the whole personality of the car ..two questions are you using a front or rear oil pan ..and also why did you decide to use a manual rack & pinion instead of the power ..please keep posting ..your pictures are great

15. rear sump, i used the manual rack for the simplicity, plus i'm using the stock steering wheel so i have plenty of leverage.

16. stroker572hemi

stroker572hemi
    from denver co

I'm pretty much doing the same build only in a 1950 Plymouth three window business coupe and instead of a 354 I am going to use a smaller Dodge 325 Hemi with a Dakota nv3500 5 speed tranny .. I do have a rear sump oil pan so thanks for the info ... I'm going to move fire wall back and flatten same as you did about three to four inches to move engine same .. I also like the way you reinforced the frame Y area where you placed your motor mounts, I'll do the same and I love the stock steering wheel and am going to use it also ...I AM USING YOUR BUILD AS A TEMPLATE so thanks very much for posting it ... also do you have it on the road yet and if so how is it

Just beginning

00S0S_1WUErf2BGZB_600x450.jpg 01010_24fiMBWCsZA_600x450.jpg

scotty t likes this.
  17. i LOVE those three winders. that's what i started looking for. but i fell in love with this one instead.

18. stroker572hemi

stroker572hemi
    from denver co

Yeah Ive been wanting one since the 80's when I first saw one .. just never could make it happen until now ..I love the blunt nose with that 1950 grille .. have been doing a rough mock up with the hemi .. fits like it was made for it .. with a little fire wall modification of course . It actually looks like I can use the stock steering box with a universal joint or two .. hmm .. 5 speed tranny fits pretty good about like yours

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  19. .I thought I should post something in this thread to show that I haven't lost interest.ive been side tracked with a 56 chevy four door to two door conversion. I took a minute to test fit the seats, with some new mounts they will fit and look great. I've put a lot of thought into the Plymouth so I have a few things figured out now. IMG_0500.JPG IMG_0368.JPG

Rich B., Hatchet and Peanut 1959 like this.
  20. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

4 door to 2 door,,thats wild

21. It has the same wheel base, roof, floor pan etc. I bought a two door carcass for the parts.

22. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

super nice job,,,now here is a challenge,,,make a lot of peoples dream come true,,,,take a modern 4 door charger turn it in to a 2 door, let us know when its finished lol

23. orphanblack

orphanblack

Awesome. Found this thread at the perfect time, putting the front end back together , disc, R&P, shock mounts.
    Pics are so good I almost feel like i'm cheating ! :)

24. Let me know how it drives. LOL. Yours will probably be on the road before mine!

25. 48 PLYMOUTH HEMI

48 PLYMOUTH HEMI
    from WV.

Scotty T,
    If I might ask you, what seats do you have there and, do the backs fold forward? I'm ready to do my 48 interior and might like to do what you're doing. I really like your coupe.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  26. They are from a late 60's early 70's Mercedes 2dr that I found in the boneyard.

27. Oh yes they do fold forward, they recline too!

28. chop job

chop job
    from Wisconsin
    1. WISCONSON HAMBERS

Really a nice clean build hope to see it someday up close.