Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Shopping for Wiring Questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Binger, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

I am working on a '29 Special coupe and am looking for a wiring harness. I am running a banger engine with 12v alternator. I am running points ignition so I know I need a ballast resistor. I am also using the stock fuel tank with an electronic fuel pump mounted on the firewall to accommodate the 94 I am going to run. I would like to purchase a fuse box that I can hook up to new cloth wiring. I would like to use a modern fuse panel that has a headlight relay, a horn relay and turn signal flashers. I haven't decided where I can put the fuse panel. If a small one is available I will run it under the dash on the firewall or other wise I may run it under the front seat. I am using a stock seat riser that has been moved back six inches. Are there any alliance vendors that have what I am looking for? I have searched some but have not seen anything I like. Looking for a fuse box and a good supplier for cloth covered wiring. Thanks in advance.
    John

ImageUploadedByH_A_M_B_1438380140_022941.jpg

2. I know Rebel wiring is an alliance member not sure if they have what you are looking for I purchased a harness from Kwik Wire that has been good but I am not using cloth wire not sure of a supplier.

3. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Thanks for the links! Those centech panels look like what I will need. The price isn't bad either.

Does any body have any pics of an under seat fuse box install? I think I would like to keep the fuse box hidden and the interior to look stock. I think I will also use a stock terminal block in the engine compartment too.

5. butch27

butch27

I
    ve heard bad things about " lugless" connections on a vibrating -moving- vehicle. Be sure.

6. fordor41

fordor41

I used a fuse panel from a '90's sable/taurus. Cut the wires as long as possible. Panel has flasher, breakers, fuses, extra fuses and even a fuse puller in the cover. all grouped in 3-4 fuses per circuit so some can be hot all the time and some hot with ignition on. All kinds of fuse and breaker ratings to choose from and it cost me $5 at junk yard.

7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Rhode Island Wire has cloth covered wire. They specialize in reproduction harnesses for vintage vehicles, but I believe they sell bulk goods as well.

Ray

8. American Auto wire has one. It's a bit on the larger size.

9. Kwik Wire has one that mounts in the trunk. Good for deuces, etc.

10. captainflight

captainflight

I have always used Ron Francis panels in my builds. They are a little pricey but I have had zero problems. I am considering using their "Bare Bones" 10 circuit panel in my 1939 Ford SBC powered rod.