Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Japanese Shenanigans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mitchell de Moor, May 6, 2017.

1. Hey gang,

So I will be departing on a school trip to Japan from May 8th until May 16th. Now I know there is an incredible hot rod, kustom, chopper scene in Nagoya and Yokahama I, however, will be in Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto the whole time.

So I was just wondering if there is any shops anyone could recommend checking out and maybe buying some swag from or something. Or speed shops, chopper shops, car shows, etc. I am well aware that the 31st Annual Street Car nationals is on, however, I will be three hours (public transit) away from it at that time.

So any HAMB'rs in Japan want me to buy them a couple beers and talk hot rods. I'm up for anything related to Choppers, Lowriders, Hot Rods, or Kustoms while I am there. I usually manage to do some cool car stuff while I travel and hope to do the same in Japan.

Thanks guys!

2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

3. Looks cool too metoo me

4. As mentioned in the first post I wanted to go to that show, however, don't know if it will be possible travel wise for me. Anything else going on or cool shops to check out? Thanks guys:cool:

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

post info as what area that you will be visiting - if you do visit any shops, etc be sure to post pics here

6. toml24

toml24

I believe it is a mandatory custom that you climb Mt. Fuji on a visit to Japan.

7. Hey, do me a favor and watch out for my old 56 pontiac. It supposedly went to Japan and was painted a Porsche red before it left USA. I'd love to see it now. 56poncho.jpg

8. 3 hours on public transport in Japan is a snap- clean, fast and on time. On the bullet train in 3 hours you are nearly in Russia!!