Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration /\<I><I>/\Friday Art Show 05-05-2017/\<I><I>/\

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, May 5, 2017.

1. b-bop

b-bop

I am no artist, but I do stop by here every Friday for my fill of excellent work. Been following Gary C for a while and bought one of his prints. Thought I would share it with you now that it is block mounted. I was going to crop the pic but then noticed the picture frame in the cabinet behind the glass. Yes every picture tells a story, and this one really grabbed me. Thanks Gary :)

20170503_142250.jpg

ct1932ford, GaryC., Jet96 and 16 others like this.
  2. Here's a line drawing I did back in 2000 or so. Kinda fits in with Cinco de Mayo.

Mick
    Channeled32Rdstr-Mexican.jpg

3. Mark A

Mark A
    from Michigan

Thank you pcbart. I would like to see some pictures when you get it done.

Ron Brown likes this.
  4. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

This is the biggest art thing I worked on all week. I have other things in progress this week but I haven't finished any of them. Video is art too:

This video project is still a work in progress and frame by frame animation is a SLOW process.

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Crate motor o_O:cool::D

Jet96, kiwijeff and Sancho like this.
  6. Wow Thank you for all the Likes!! I am glad I decided to post the pics. Hobo Jim

Jigger, Mark A and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  7. Spex84

Spex84
    from Canada

Thanks! I'm a big fan of Steve Brown's art, including his ability to make 5 lines and a splash of color look like a finished work of art. I can't hold a candle to that, but I'll steal what I can!
    I love the Kosmic Gypsy--not sure if I've seen that particular sketch of yours before. The diagonal cut-line through the bubble, the pipes running through side coves, and the headlight cutouts in the nose are all things I would love to steal for a model project. And the flipper caps are perfect--they have that "Saturn's belt" atomic look.

Jigger, robber and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  8. catdad49

catdad49

Another great week of cool artistic stuff ( I guess that's the idea)! When I get up the nerve I'll post some of my stuff.

Mark A likes this.
  9. jnaki

jnaki

[​IMG]
    upload_2017-5-5_15-41-53.png upload_2017-5-5_15-42-7.png
    Hey Ron,
    You captured a great "arty" display. But, in the lower, right corner of the photo, sits a cool surf vehicle. It is similar to what we used to have. Those boards are pretty much in line with scale as ours stuck out of the back about the same distance. The only difference was that they pointed into the air with red flags. The real boards were cable locked into a metal loop bolted, into the bed wall. It was pretty secure. We got to the beach any way we could.

Thanks,

Junji

10. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

Gracias! Feliz Cinco de Mayo a usted tambien!

Sadly, I just logged onto the HAMB to find a vile racist joke on page one. Your post made me feel a little better. At least not ALL the HAMB is racist.

Edit: I'm happy to report that the racist joke didn't last twenty minutes before the moderators dealt with it. Thanks Mods!

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Wild Willy, Jigger and Ron Brown like this.
  11. robber

robber

..."Cantina Cool Down"...:) cp 766.JPG
    ...(Colorado crocodile) :)

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  12. More killer work!
    Thanks everyone.
    Sneaking in thru the bathroom window...
    Not sure if I've posted this before or not, but I rather like it...

IMG_7127_A4polohdroilorthdrlogo250logo.jpg

ct1932ford, biggeorge, Jet96 and 16 others like this.
  13. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

Lurker Mike............Nice work on your post, I haven't seen your work before but hope we see more of it your style and proportions are awesome....

14. Thanks Plywude, I used to do some T-shirt artwork for NSRA & GoodGuys, but that was years ago.
    I haven't picked up a pencil or marker in a long time, so anything I might post would be stuff I did a while ago.

Really appreciate the kudos however, but my stuff is kinda primitive compared to most of these guys.

Mick

15. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

biggeorge likes this.
  16. This is stunning Philippe!

Frogz likes this.
  17. I’ll have to watch the movie to see the reference. I think I remember seeing that movie on TV as a kid but that would have been the one and only time and, even at that, it would have only been a couple scenes. The car did leave an impression though because, when the ZZ Top videos came out on MTV, I recalled shot from that movie, of the Kid, rather vividly.

18. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

Thanks Ron. I dig your truck! Love to own one!

biggeorge and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  19. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

Thanks Ron!

20. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

biggeorge and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  21. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Jigger, I agree it is a beautiful piece of work. Love it would like to have it!

22. The car is in the process, well, has been in the process of being built down under. there, the law says you have to have a wind screen and full bubbles are illegal except for display. It was John’s (Nutter on here) idea to create the canted A-pillars to create the separation. Thanks for all the kind words in return. I expect you’ll alert me about your progress on the models? Have a great week end!

Adios Cinco de Mayo!

Very nice line work, love the style of the drawing too, Mick!

biggeorge likes this.
  23. OK,...late to the show this week, spent the last 2 days at the Vintage Torquefest show in Dubuque Iowa,...another great show.
    John Mullen,...here's what I did to my 48 Chevy woody diecast,...
    ...and a couple recent sketches...
    48 woody model 002.jpg fri art 17 077.jpg fri art 17 078.jpg

ct1932ford, biggeorge, GaryC. and 8 others like this.
  24. Frogz

Frogz

Thanks a lot Mark. Your Lady Cat is just awesome: the perfect pet :D

Jet96 and Jigger like this.