Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need a good upholstery shop

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by BobbyFullen, Nov 28, 2016.

1. BobbyFullen

BobbyFullen
    from Kerrville

Any Texas guys recommend an upholstery shop? I need to get the seats and door panels redone in my custom 51 Ford . I want a really good quality shop! Prefer the San Antonio area but willing to travel for quality!

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. surestar

surestar
    from canada

I am not a Texas guy... but , I am an upholsterer. I will suggest that you read an earlier post on the poor guy with his car in "paint jail" (the d#mn painter won't paint)
    Get a fixed cost up front, a completion date in writing , and do not pay in advance for anything but materials.
    Thats the way I operate and you should expect a reputable shop to offer no less.
    Good luck with your search

3. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Call the guys up at Austin Speed Shop and see who they recommend.

Sent from my SM-G550T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. BobbyFullen

BobbyFullen
    from Kerrville

I agree sure Star! It happens all to often! I wish Fat a Lucky s was still stitchen !

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As many car guys as there are in San Antonio I'd think you would have your choice of several shops.
    Best thing I can say is to go to local events, look at the interiors of the rigs there and when you find an interior you lik ask who did it. When you find several that you like that came from the same shop you have most likely found the shop you want to go to.
    From experience of doing just that most car owners are pretty willing to let you know their likes and dislikes about the shop that did the work.

6. I'm having Tico at leather replacement here in Austin do mine. So far his work is absolutely beautiful. But if you're in a hurry that's not going to work out he does a lot of dealership repairs and custom furniture too.

7. See my website and go to the gallery that's named the interior for some pictures posted in the last few days

Thom Mead likes this.
  8. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

What about "SUE MARTIN" in Dallas?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    countrysquirr likes this.
  9. I've heard that she does her work pretty dang fast, but that was just one guy I met a few months ago who had her do his pickup seat...It was just one seat and she had it done in less than a week

10. Slick bastard

Slick bastard

Gabriel and son in San Marcos Texas they do me and my fathers interiors

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Bobacuda

Bobacuda

Pena Brothers in San Antonio did a great job on the seat in my truck. Reasonable, as well. 210-647-4200

12. Mattimus

Mattimus

I use Nikito's Upholstery up here in NW Austin for my bikes and such. He does a little bit of everything and is a stickler for details. Their website stinks and is outdated, but I've personally seen the work he's done on classics and I plan to keep using him for my next full interior job. Prices are very fair as well. The owner loves working on something unique and challenging.

www.nikitosupholstery.com
    Jose Brito (owner) 512-965-5309
    [email protected]

Disclaimer** I am not affiliated in any way with this company, I just use them for my other projects.

13. That is a beautiful car, I'm sure that you're proud of it. Well done.

14. Thanks, Tom. Hell we are neighbors! Wanna see it sometime? I'm out near Steiner