Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects This Old Chrysler followed me home

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dubie, May 4, 2017.

1. dubie

dubie

I picked up this 1924 Chrysler B model sedan that was converted to a pickup back in 1944. It's running the original power train including a 201 flathead inline 6. Can anyone point me in the right direction for some info regarding this engine? I've never touched a flathead before. I'd be interested in finding a manual for this engine.
    24chrysler2.jpg 24truck.jpg 24truck1.jpg 24truck4.jpg 24truck5.jpg 24truck3.jpg

Attached Files:

Max Gearhead and kiwijeff like this.
  2. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Those helper springs are huge!

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

unique find - plans? - chop, channel, section, etc?

4. dubie

dubie

We really arent sure exactly which route we are going to take with it yet. All we know is we want to keep the original flathead seeing how it's never been cracked open and i love the nostalgic feel of this truck

5. Could you please take a GOOD photo of the rectangular FEDCO plate on the dashboard for us? That is the number used for the "serial number". Should be a series of letters and numbers. Here is an example....you may have to take photos at different angles in order to read the number....it tells you when the car was built. ID plate 2.jpg

6. Squablow

Squablow

The guy you want to talk to, his name is Jay Astheime and his email is [email protected] Send him an email, he is the holder of all the knowledge of these early Chryslers. He's a restorer and not a hot rodder, but if you want to know about those early flat 6's and stuff, he's the guy to ask.

7. dubie

dubie

This is the decoding i did on the serial number on the firewall serial.jpg

8. dubie

dubie