Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Thumbs up to Summit for correcting a mistake they made...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lebowski, May 2, 2017.

1. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I've seen several threads on here lately from people who have had problems with various companies and that's fine but I wanted to tell everyone about a recent positive experience that I had with Summit Racing Equipment after they sent me the wrong part by mistake. I ordered a license plate light for my '65 Bonneville from them and they sent me a big round front parking light housing assembly for a '69 Camaro instead. It had the same part as the license plate light on the box but it definitely wasn't the small license plate light pictured on their website. I called them yesterday morning and the guy told me that someone had mislabeled the boxes so he told me to "throw away" the $70 light because it would "cost too much" to mail it back. He shipped the correct part yesterday by FedEx overnight so it will arrive today which I thought was pretty cool. I wanted to pass that along to others who like to hear a story with a happy ending. Has anyone else gotten a similar problem resolved that they want to share?

PICT0002.JPG

Mark Hinds, Hatchet and Sancho like this.
  2. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

One more pic...

PICT0003.JPG

3. squirrel

squirrel

be sure to put the "defective" part on ebay....someone will buy it, if you list it as what it really is, include a couple pictures, and price it reasonable.

I've never had any problem with summit fixing their mistakes.

Hatchet likes this.
  4. Summit has been very good to me for many years. They have always seemed to want to be sure I am happy.

5. Glad to hear it worked out for you...I just finished emailing Mac's as I received a 32 Horn Rod that came damaged out of the package, and am still waiting for the other parts since the horn Rod arrived, almost 2 weeks now. Not happy Macs! Hoping for a similar outcome.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. 48stude

48stude

Summit has always been fair with me. Bill

7. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Well, FedEx just delivered a box to me from Summit and I'm now the proud owner of TWO front parking lamp housing assemblies for a '69 Camaro. LOL. I called and the guy said to keep the second one and that they would physically look inside the box this time to make sure it's a license plate light. So I guess I'll change my new Craigslist ad from one for $40 to two for $80.... :D

8. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Not that this is Summits fault, but one must be careful about ordering as they have many of the same parts but under different brand names with different prices. Had a customer call and order a specific part and did not give a brand preference, When I found out what he had paid for it (a lot) I went online and found a different listing for the exact same part under another brand name for $35 less. I guess with the electronic age, people dont look thru paper catologes for the items needed and both Summit and Jegs scatter like items throughout the web pages instead of side by side

Hatchet likes this.
  9. wicarnut

wicarnut

Nice to read your endorsement. I have been buying from Summit, Jegs, Speedway and some on EBay (bought & sold) for years w/ very few problems and if and when, they were corrected immediately to my satisfaction. I sometimes wonder why some people on here seem to have so many problems w/ venders I listed and the comments on China/other import parts, News Flash, very few parts are made in USA, majority of brand names that are still around are having the parts made offshore, I don't like it either, but that's the way it is and if the part purchased is not to your liking, never a problem returning in my experiences. We just had a huge responce thread on a carb spacer that OP was unhappy with, If that wound him up that tight, doubt if he will stay in the car hobby. Everyone, Have a Great Day !

mad mikey and 54vicky like this.
  10. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Sent me the wrong distributor recently, sent the right one at no charge before I had a chance to send the wrong one back ! Plus they paid for ups pick up !

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

mad mikey likes this.
  11. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

PICT0003.JPG

12. 54vicky

54vicky

funny the picture of boxes says 69 park lamp assy.someone probably does not read engrish,:confused:

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  13. Latigo

Latigo

Keep ordering. In a year or so you might have the entire car, like Jonny Cash, one piece at a time. Always had great service from Summit.

turboroadster and mad mikey like this.
  14. Terrible80

Terrible80

If this keeps up you can build a Camaro!

15. belair

belair

Come on, you couldn't make those work? Crazy story.

16. Nothing but the best from summit, have had to return two items that were just plainly my mistake and never an issue...I just wish I would get more summit bucks....stopped with speedway due to issues posted here and my own experiences, jegs has been great, but I find the website horrible to maneuver

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. stimpy

stimpy

I had only one problem from summit is when I ordered a center section for a 14 bolt , they sent me the wrong one after I called and asked if it was the right one and was told yes , well I got on the phone and called they gave me the run around and told me I would have to pay a restocking fee and shipping ,because I didn't verify with the csr that it was the right product , but I did , and I always take notes on who I talk to and what times . I was P.O.'d to say and told them I will be takeing my business elsewhere ( I was doing 20-30K worth a year with them ) hung up the phone . about 5 minutes later the phone rings its a supervisor at summit , quickly apologising for the problem as he overheard it , needless they sent me the right part I wanted ( which cost a $100 more ) plus sent a return tag for the wrong part on there dime , and next time I called I found out the csr was let go for not handling the problem correctly as I did realize I asked for a supervisor and he didn't connect me to one but they caught it on the recording . that was 5 years ago and no problems since . I actually had them call when I ordered 3 sets of expensive valve covers for a set of motors I was building for a customer , 2 set for them and a back up set I later sold . just to make sure it wasn't a opps . they are good people .

18. I've never had an issue with summit.
    Purchasing, returning, on the phone or at the counter. The counter guys (face to face) are EXTREEMLY knowledgable and helpful. The line can get long lol

19. robracer1

robracer1

Summit has been great to deal with over the years, plus living in Georgia I usually get my merchandise the next day.

20. Summit is building a large operation in Texas. Looks like the building is going to be as big as Ohio branch.:D

21. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I ordered a set of 56 Ford parking light for my Victoria @ 600.00. I bought them thru Concours Parts in Carson City but I knew Dennis Carpenter was the originator and they dropped shipped from him. When they came they looked bad to me with ripples in the reflection and worse than what I had. I emailed a letter with photos to both and after a phone call from Concours to me I recieved a new set which were great. I have know idea how the person who pulled them off the shelf and the packager ( 2different people) could have ever sent them. Anyway I called them and asked what to do with the first set and they said keep them. Some day I guess they will go to a swap meet with them but what I'm saying is both companies stood up tall to me.

22. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Summit has SSOOO many repeat customers because they try VERY hard to treat their customers Right. I've never had an issue, so I've got no issues to write about. ON the other hand, YOU being THE DUDE, well, they are sure paying ATTENTION to what your needs are. Just sayin' Bill

23. Just yesterday , I called to order a set of headers from Summit. In the reviews I saw where there was a plug clearance issue unless the mfr was notified they were for Vortec heads. The Summit rep ( Duke ) contacted mfr., issued a special order for the proper headers , e/m'd me several times , then followed up with a phone call. The best part is that the price remained the same ( way cheaper than direct from mfr.!!) .. all shipping is free , and they will be drop -shipped directly to me from mfr.
    Excellent service I thought

mad mikey likes this.
  24. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

They don't want Walter to get pissed off because you never know how he'll react. Remember what he did to the red Corvette? Am I wrong? :D

The third (and hopefully correct) part was shipped from Georgia instead of Ohio and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow so hopefully they'll get it right this time....

mad mikey likes this.
  25. Yeah and it's only 10 minutes from my work. Know what I'm gonna be doing at lunch...........

mad mikey likes this.
  26. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

The license plate light arrived today and has already been installed on my '65 Bonneville. Thanks to Summit and everyone else who responded to this thread... :)