Register now to get rid of these ads!

What'd you get done this weekend??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoadDevil13, Apr 9, 2006.

1. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

So I dug into the 55 Effie this weekend....so far I put a new carb on, all new wheels and tires, started going through the electrical to get things working right.....replaced the gay iron cross tails and mirror...and man she is starting to look pretty sweet.

Next is a new wiring loom and start the body work.

Hope you guys enjoy....

Attached Files:

2. Paul

Paul
    Editor

went to the Portland swap Friday,
    rested my tired feet yesterday
    and put a pair of Buick drums on the Coupe today..

Attached Files:

3. jimbob

jimbob

Picked up my freshly imported QC:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

like a puzzle some assy required.

Attached Files:

5. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

6. Spike!

Spike!

Shot a bike and half nekkid girl. The usual.

Spike

7. 54 chev gasser

54 chev gasser

got the wiring harness situated got the steering column mounted gotta find a brake booster to fit guess ill call walton tomorrow dad sent me down a set of alum slots but there not gonna fit damn there cool as hell too oh well. Hey nice qc

8. Olson

Olson

Not much...rebuilt my generator today. lol

Olson

9. Yankeyspeed

Yankeyspeed

I worked more on getting my rams horn manfold to fit around the steering on my 40 plymouth. And I tried to continue welding up the body so I can put the new, better rear fender on. My 4 year old son does not like to be around the MIG so I gotta wait.

10. Beemer

Beemer

Went to the KC swap on Saturday and got one hell of a sunburn on my face and neck and only bought chrome nut covers for the flathead. Sunday I went to the parents house where I work on my car and got the body and one door ready for paint and helped dad with his truck.

We got a free '36 PU grill shell for dad's PU today. How often does that happen anymore?:D

Pics:

1. My frame and engine waiting on the body to get finished.
    2. Dad's truck with the grill shell "in"
    3 & 4. A better pics of the PU front suspension (someone asked)

Attached Files:

11. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i hate pontiacs and those that purvey them.

12. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Got the motor and trans mated. Made a new gasket for the flywheel. Rebuilt another starter. Broke the bolts on my Star Chief's trans mounts in a mad attempt to use them on my Chieftain when it's trans mounts failed.

Now? I just got back from shopping. What a way to end a depressing weekend.:D

13. Muttley

Muttley

Yesterday I went to a local show and hung out with porkshop, royalshifter and some of the other local guys, it was the first day in about two weeks that it didnt rain. Today I painted the inside of Pepe's roof and watched Baseball.

14. fbomb_70

fbomb_70
    from Wisconsin

Slammed the Plymouth to the ground, actualy more like took the front clip off and took some misleading pictures...

Attached Files:

15. 29SX276

29SX276

Les'see; Couple of weeks ago I cut about 3" off of the bottom of my new repro '32 rad shell;now the grill is at the same level as the cowl.Today I welded in the last big patch panel on the front drivers side quarter.I've got the last patch job on the rear drivers side piece aft of the rear wheel well to finish.I'm ready to finish the radiator side supports as I got the last bit in the mail the other day;now I can figure out the radiator dimensions.

16. Adjusted valves, and worked on my carb. Tried to adjust it... it sounds better... but still isnt right. Almost asphyxiated my self... caught my car on fire.... the usual.

17. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Ah lets see...... Put 140 miles on the F1 going up the Choppers show..... Yep thats it. :D Bill

18. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

funny stuff!!!

19. 53chieftian

53chieftian

Fixed a radiator leak and went for a short drive! Its about time we got some good weather here!

20. Ruiner

Ruiner

I cleaned like mad to get the place ready for dad to come spend the weekend with me, we talked shit out in the shop, showed him my new tools and parts for the car that's been sitting in his backyard for 2 years (finally going to bring it to my shop this spring)...grilled outside both nights and I'm about to go out to the shop to finish putting tools away and organizing (just moved in a few months back, haven't had time to finish getting the shop "up to my standards")...

21. Ruiner

Ruiner

I cleaned like mad to get the place ready for dad to come spend the weekend with me, we talked shit out in the shop, showed him my new tools and parts for the '40 Plymouth that's been sitting in his backyard for 2 years (finally going to bring it to my shop this spring)...grilled outside both nights and I'm about to go out to the shop to finish putting tools away and organizing (just moved in a few months back, haven't had time to finish getting the shop "up to my standards")...

22. Gunny

Gunny

i put a few miles on this heap...jez i need to get rid of this thing and get my groove on with the 3w coupe...if anyone wants it its for sale....67 camaro 350/350

Attached Files:

23. chopshopboss65

chopshopboss65

we started to strip the donor truck sat and sun. got my son that just turned 13 to help me. going to try and get him broke in early. this is my first real project so should be fun for both of us. we got it stripped to the frame thanks god for the tractor with the loader on it......still need offy intake for this greaser

Richard

24. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

went to the swap saturday, fabbed a bracket for my m/c sunday. saving it for tech week....:p

25. SleestakJones

SleestakJones

The bad.
    I came to terms with the fact that my 98 is a bondo bucket.
    The good.
    I pulled the interior out & tracked my electrical, got all four power windows to work, radio works now & some dash lights.
    ...Brake lights & power seat next weekend.
    -John

26. rjgideon

rjgideon

Finished gutting the interior of my Plymouth and welded in some body braces. I'm hoping to start the chop soon, but the wife has a freaking garage sale planned and then we go on vacation, so I'm pretty much stuck until we get back in mid-May.

27. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Installed the vega box on my A frame, bought a new paint gun and respirator and ordered DP90 to shoot the frame. And went to Hooters for lunch on Sunday.;)

28. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Unbolted the front bumper, hood, engine and tranny on the C10. Now all I need is someone to help me lift the front sheetmetal off of the frame and the entire front end will be stripped. Next comes the bed and then the cab.

29. CptStickfigure

CptStickfigure
    from Urbana, IL

Destroyed my old pilot bushing trying to pull it out, found replacement pilot bushing by miraculous quirk of fate, found out the lip of my oil pan is very sharp, and put the whole shooting match back together. Fired up the truck to discover I had TWO problems keeping the clutch from working, not just one. Decided I was sick of driving two hours round trip just to get to the truck, and drove it home sans clutch. Worked just fine unless I had to stop at a light.

Attached Files:

30. PorkChop

PorkChop
    from Austin

I stripped the seats for my 50 Sedan, and refoamed em. and put on JC Whitney black pleasted seat covers..

I also went to a bbq, and watched my little girls chase Lux's dog around all night..

ooh, and I got a sunburn from re-upholstering in the sun with no shirt.

PC