Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 chevy 3w....time for a cool change

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by tb33anda3rd, Feb 11, 2014.

1. hah!..................

loudbang likes this.
  2. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Man that paint job really came out nice.

tb33anda3rd and volvobrynk like this.
  3. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Still a nice car!

tb33anda3rd and loudbang like this.
  4. thanks guys!
    took it to the last show of the season yesterday and "got lost" on the ride home. sunny and cool DSCF0038.JPG DSCF0043.JPG

Stogy, Jet96, Mikel50 and 9 others like this.
  5. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

6. happy new year Rasmus. do you have photos of the 2 door your looking at? is it in Denmark?

loudbang and volvobrynk like this.
  7. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Yes ted, I do. Happy new year to you too.

It's for sale with this message;
    1934 Chevy Standard barnfind, non runner, no title.
    Old project, there is more parts then shown in the picture, it might be to far gone to an original resto, so parts or hotrod.

1633.33usd

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I've asked if he got grill, radiator, front springs and and glass.
    And shots of interior.

I was planning on using it as frame diner for my 29, but might end up that my project give axles to this.
    I got a 1958 Chevy truck axle (I plan to drop), Nissan hardbody rear, 235 and 35/36 gearbox with pedals, 1956 three speed out of a pick up and 36 artillery wheels that might end up on this.
    And I almost made a deal on a 1951 Chevy pick up torque tube rear.

Stogy, LOU WELLS, TFoch and 5 others like this.
  8. that is screaming to be saved........as a hot rod! those axles would be perfect.

loudbang, Bowtie Coupe and volvobrynk like this.
  9. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Thank you, you know your stuff and in glad that you agree with me.

Is it beyond doubt that's it's a 34? When I can't see the hood or dash it could be 33?
    It looks like a nice start for a project, I'm a little worried about glass and wood.
    But time will tell.

What is a 1951 pick up rear most lightly geared at? Nissan rear is 4.11.
    Oddly enough,
    Standard hubs are same pcd as late Volvo, but I doubt I use them when I got the other axle/brakes.

What year did Chevy go to hydraulic brakes?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  10. the 33 cowl is shorter. that is either a 34 or 35. i think they are the same except one of the years the cowl vent opens towards the windshield and the other opens forward. i think 35 opens forward but i might have them confused.
    the wood can be done with some basic tools, or replaced with your welding skills, in metal.

loudbang and volvobrynk like this.
  11. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I might misremember, but isn't there something about gauge cluster too? And 34 master becomes standard in 35, decromed and with different front suspension and hubs/wheels?

12. I hope you don't mind me interjecting a few important differences, but there is often confusion with these mid-decade Chevrolets and with the '35 models especially. A '34 Master DOES NOT become the standard in '35. In 1935, the Master was a totally new, rounded design called "Turret Top," which style is probably better known as "fat fender." The 1935 Standard sedan was basically a '34 Standard body with one significant difference. The '34 Standard had a separate gas tank apron that bolted to the body, while the gas tank apron on the '35 Standard sedan was an integral part of the body. In the one pic above which gives a hint of the back of the body, it's too dark for me to see the gas tank apron and determine if it is a '34 or '35 Standard. Another significant difference between the two standards, which cannot be readily seen, is the frame. The '34 Standard frame is basically a "ladder" frame, while the '35 Standard has a sturdier, "K" frame. Just looking at a '34 Master and a '34 Standard, it is hard to tell the difference as they are very similar in design. The main difference being the wheelbase. The '34 Master wheelbase is 112" and the '34 Standard, as well as '35 Standard, wheelbase is 107". Another difference between the '34 Master and the '34/'35 Standard is the dashboard. In the Master, the gauges are in front of the driver and there is a glove compartment in front of the passenger. The dashboard in both of the Standards has the gauges in the center of the dash and there is no glove compartment. The interesting thing is that the Master dash will also fit the Standards, too. It's about the only thing from the Master that will interchange with them.

BTW, Chevy went to hydraulic brakes in either '36 or '37, although I believe it was in '36.

Stogy, LOU WELLS, TFoch and 4 others like this.
  13. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Thanks, bowtie coupe!

The Artillery wheels I have, should be from a 1936, i believe they where made to clear the hydraulic brakes, but that might be a rumor.

Was The Master with knee action (dubonnet), and standards I-beam? 6 (master) bolt, and 5 (standard) x 4.25

The AD pick up was 6 bolt too?

1937 was same trans as 1932-36 except syncroes
    ? Is the torque tube interchangeable with the AD pick up?

Bowtie Coupe and loudbang like this.
  14. @Bowtie Coupe happy new year Wayne, good info.
    i believe the bolt pattern is the same but the AD torque tube is longer.

Bowtie Coupe and loudbang like this.
  15. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

1932-36 Gearbox is a lot shorter.
    So i hoped it would equal it self out.

[​IMG][​IMG]

But I have no measurements at this time, I struck the deal on both engine+trans and rearend, but haven't picked either up.
    But that is in the plan for January.

loudbang likes this.
  16. did you get the car too?

17. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Send an e-mail Yesterday, and rang him earlier, no luck, I give him another try tomorrow.
    Judging by his first name, and the numbers, I'm guessing it's a landline and he is out.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  18. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

All that thing needs is some nice green paint, mild chop, and a 32 Pontiac front tins. Oh and red artillery wheels

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

19. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Hell, just make it a sedan version of Teds car and you'll be alright.
    But better do it the way Dad intended or Mark will never let you hear the end of it.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. spring dust off...... DSCF0002.JPG DSCF0003.JPG

21. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

22. thanks

loudbang likes this.
  23. Doesn't look like there was much dust on it :p

24. loudbang

loudbang

25. You're quite welcome. You're right on the suspensions and bolts, and bolts for PU also.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    loudbang and tb33anda3rd like this.
  26. A belated Happy New Year, Ted. Don't know how I've been missing this thread, although I've been out of commission the last couple of months.

27. Certainly not after he hit 2nd gear!:eek::D

28. GregCT.

GregCT.
    from CT.

It sure looked good on the Mass Pike coming home from Fitchburg this afternoon. About a 200 mile plus trip I'm guessing? Was a great day.

29. I was the passenger and the coupe cruises along at 70mph+ with no strain. Nice ride up and back to Fitchburg. Dropped me off a little while ago!
    Thanks for the ride Ted!
    IMG_0156.JPG

30. That car is beautiful. For a Chevy. ;)