Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need help identifying this rotor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by perk30, Apr 20, 2017.

1. perk30

perk30

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Can someone identify these rotors ? I need to replace them but not sure what they are from. They have a 4.5 bolt pattern. Any help will be apprecited. Thanks

2. squirrel

squirrel

a few more hints might help...like, what is the overall diameter?

3. 4.5.....is that 4 1/2 like Ford/Dodge ? Plymouth Volare's were popular at one time.....

4. perk30

perk30

Diameter of rotor is 11" and yeah it's got a Ford pattern. Car was originally put together about 25 years ago if that will help with the identification. Anything else I need to check that will help identifying it let me know. Thanks

5. Fordors

Fordors

The caliper looks like a '78 and up GM metric and the bracket is the style often used for that caliper too. As mentioned above is is likely a Volate/Aspen rotor, but be advised, the inner wheel bearing cup is probably not the stock one. If you replace the rotors I think you will have to use the inner ones from the old rotors.

6. Once you figure out the rotor, compare the old bearing and cup numbers with the ones in the new rotor as they probably were changed when the rotors were adapted to the Ford spindles.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

1927graham likes this.
  7. squirrel

squirrel

8. perk30

perk30

Thanks for the input. I'll check everything out tomorrow.
    Thanks again.

9. 31Apickup

31Apickup