Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Ford C-6 help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod 50, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

Hey guys. My buddy has a 50 ford F-1 with a 360/C6 combo. Was running great until last week when it stuck in drive. We pulled it in and pulled the pan and the clip had come off of the shift arm internally and the little rod had fallen into the pan. Well some other buddies that know more about trannies than I do fixed it and we put the pan back on. Re filled with new fluid and now the truck will only go in reverse. It tries to move in forward but won't. The wheels will turn up on the jack stands but not on the ground.

My interweb search says it's the front clutch seal. Sound right to you guys? Seems weird that it was running and shifting great over the weekend but now won't move. I feel like it's something we did wrong BUT I also know with trannies sometimes when they are hanging on by a thread and you mess with something they decide to take a poop on you.

Thoughts.

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

3. wwilliammc

wwilliammc

Drop the pan and make sure the manual valve is lined up with the linkage. When you move the external shift lever you should see the valve move in and out of the valve body.

4. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

5. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

6. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50