Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Larson two piece valve covers??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Duk, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LLLosingit

LLLosingit
    from Iowa

I paid $250 plus shipping. I don't a picture yet, They should be here in a week or so. I was told they are the Larson Engineering Covers that he bought long ago. He says that's what they are but they could also be the induction engineering/ moroso. Either way I'll be happy with them at that price.
    I seriously doubt they are like the set you have.... I'd kill to have those! lol

2. I can't believe you guys are discussing 80's street rod parts:rolleyes:

WiredSpider likes this.
  3. LLLosingit

LLLosingit
    from Iowa

But they are going on old iron......wait..... according to some of the kids at my work, 80's street rods are old iron!

4. Duk

Duk

I'm sorry, can you not read the topic title. It says "Larson two piece valve covers" not 80's street rod. Wally Larson has been designing and building shit before most of us had out first car. He's the reason Mr. gasket and Moroso have some of their shit. He's now very old and dealing with Alzheimer's. Have a little respect pay attention to what the topics about and if you disagree move on. Sometimes two cents needs change.

Allmotor likes this.
  5. Duk

Duk

Outside of that, if you go back and read some of the previous posts by others. they are running similar valve covers on there early hot rods like I am and are looking for more. Maybe it's time to get ahead of the curve.

6. Last time I saw a set of those was at the Worcester Summer Nationals, 1993.
    A fellow had a very clean pair on the table with the crossed flags and told me he was asking $500 but would accept $350 that day.

7. Duk

Duk

I haven't found anyone that has seen a pair like the ones I have. Were they the most common ones like these. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1432562032.054118.jpg

8. BLWNHQ

BLWNHQ

Hi All,
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I am chasing a set of these. If anyone can help source them or wants to sell please let me know. Willing to pay a reasonable sum for a good set.
    Thanks

9. LLLosingit

LLLosingit
    from Iowa

Last ones I saw for sale they were asking $1,000 for the set and they sold pretty fast. There are also the Induction engineering valve covers I think they were mentioned elsewhere in this post. Last of those I saw were copies and they sold for $675 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Larson-Moro...st-Alum-/251748147521?nma=true&orig_cvip=true

I have a brand new original Induction Engineering set but haven't decided if I want to sell them yet.

Glenn Hickman likes this.
  10. BLWNHQ

BLWNHQ

Yep seen those, I am pretty keen as nobody I know of has a set down under (Australia) and it will look great with the rounded 6v71 blower setup. If you don't mind LLLosingit can you share or PM me a picture of your Induction Engineering. ones? Maybe I can change your mind...

11. LLLosingit

LLLosingit
    from Iowa

The set I have are for a small block Chevy, That what your looking for?

12. LLLosingit

LLLosingit
    from Iowa

Both are new, One was not polished/painted. I was going to send the tops out to be polished or possibly have the whole thing polished.
    [​IMG]

13. LLLosingit

LLLosingit
    from Iowa

14. BLWNHQ

BLWNHQ

I like them, they seem to be the smaller type of the two by the looks of it...I sent you a PM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.