Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The Car Scammers & Scumbag Most Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Donuts & Peelouts, Apr 17, 2017.

1. That was a skit, like Saturday Night Live, (or Burns and Allen if SNL is too new). She's an actor doing a character, satirizing the people in that community. She shaved her eyebrows off and made stick-on ones as a joke, to make fun of the people who are actually doing it.

(I would never do it, I need every hair follicle I can get North of my nose...)

els likes this.
  2. You can always tell when a gringo is pretending to me Mexican (or latino) their voice always goes up at least 3 octaves.

els and Donuts & Peelouts like this.
  3. Huh? Wait a minute.....

"Badges? We don't need no steenking badges!"

You're right!

els likes this.
  4. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Only at karaoke night when I sing "La Bamba". (But I sound more like David Hidalgo than Ritchie Valens.):D

5. There are thieves and assholes in every aspect of living, I've met my share in the car world!
    But I try to remain positive and I do believe in Karma.
    I have NO sympathy for these people, none.

john walker, els, clunker and 4 others like this.
  6. Donuts, try doing bodywork on a verbal agreement. A friend of a friend type of thing. Thought I could trust the guy, because the person that referred him to me (I thought) was my friend.
    It stings twice as hard when you spend a lot of time laboring over someone's car, then pays you half the money and never pays the rest. His excuse was that he lost his job. Later, says he doesn't owe a thing. It takes a lot to hold back, but I moved on like you. And like you, I did have my old ways when I was young and I ended up in trouble with the law. So, the Man took it on the chin and the Boy is the one that can't keep his word.
    And this Girl that screwed you over isn't a Woman.

7. rfraze

rfraze

Use caution when buying parts from Grants Pass, Oregon. Over eleven years ago, a 33 Willys race car was stolen. Eventually the owner says he found and video taped the car. Did he get it back? Not yet. Read about how to protect yourself from scumbags in an upcoming issue of Gasser Magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. topher5150

topher5150

I just assumed with the other videos she did that it was an actual thing

els and clunker like this.
  9. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:DPeople like that will get theirs many time over at the right time.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

10. If that's hot, I hope I never run into dogmeat.

els, Hnstray, Moriarity and 2 others like this.
  11. Use caution when buying parts from Grants Pass, Oregon. Over eleven years ago, a 33 Willys race car was stolen. Eventually the owner says he found and video taped the car. Did he get it back? Not yet. Read about how to protect yourself from scumbags in an upcoming issue of Gasser Magazine.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Sometimes you have to use caution when selling parts... about 4-5 years ago I sold a '36 Willys hood and hood sides and some other parts to a (WILLYS) guy in Calgary...first time I ever got burned by a WILLYS guy...he never paid me, and still has the parts, even after I offered to pay the shipping on return (after paying the shipping to send them.)
    When he saw my area code he wouldn't answer the phone. Some day, I'll knock on his door in person.
    Willys parts are hard to come by, '36 Smile.JPG
    but I never thought a WILLYS guy would do something like that.
    g-willys

12. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Very interesting, (and not in a good way). As someone who lives in Grant's Ass, thanks for the heads up.

This place is the ass crack of all towns off the I-5 in Oregon. All sorts of scum of the earth have been flocking here lately from all over the U.S. since it seems to be a sanctuary for thieves, druggies and other law breaking degenerates.

Also, it seems like everyday, people from out of state (mostly California) get duped by the natural beauty of the area and somewhat affordable homes then move up here (after cashing out on their former overpriced properties) because they don't know better.

Our local PD (and especially the Sheriffs in Josephine County) constantly turn the other cheek to crime and let evil flourish here. They claim it's due to a lack of taxes but yet they keep raising them? In 2013 this place made national news when a lady called 911 asking for help when an ex was trying to break down her door and obviously hurt her, and dispatch claimed that there was no one they could send out! She ended up getting beat and raped!

Here is the link.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/woman-oregon-raped-911-no-send-home-article-1.1353085

So, I'm not surprised the owner hasn't got his Willys back, though I bet if he took matters into his own hands, then the law would come down on the owner of the car.

Can't wait to get out of this hellhole.

Sorry for the rant.

rfraze, els, pat59 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

Sound like your police is crooked right on up with your local government. Times are crazy everywhere. Sucks.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els and Bruce Fischer like this.
  14. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Thanx for all the "likes" you Hamber Hoods, man, this has been a hard act to follow the past few days.
    Its a great way to live, but not always easy..............l8ater

15. FNG

FNG
    from New Jersey
    1. HAMB Relays

Due not for nothing but have you ever heard the old saying a fool and his money are soon parted ?
    I've learned not to go look at cars until I had cash in my pocket and a trailer out front. Heck I bought a car form a "friend" once on a handshake he told me don't worry about it man just come back with the money two hours later after fixing the flat on my trailer and I go to his house to see MY CAR leaving on some other guys trailer, from that day I learned my lesson. Sorry you got ripped off but if you had something in writing you could have gone after her legally

16. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

Add skumbags up hear as you come across them. Here is another one.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els likes this.
  17. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

This guys goes by blaze on offer up lives in Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario then travels to LA is black over 6feet chubby beard 3
    Mid thirtys. This guy is is bad news just run. He is affiliated with a shop, link the shop with this bum and run from that shop too.

els likes this.
  18. 1pickup

1pickup

I've been burned just like that too. But, bodywork is easy to take back. A cordless grinder would make short time of that job.

19. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

els likes this.
  20. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

21. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

els likes this.
  22. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

23. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

24. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

25. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

26. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I think that its the shits that people act this way . I am so cheap that I do not turn over any parts or money unless I can hold on the stuff right then . Over the years I have passed on many probably great deals because I didn't trust them . I trust very few people ,even today .Its not much help but a large share of the country has these scum bags growing like weeds.

27. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Steve stole my truck .was going to finish the build w my son.was hard to tell him that we'd never see the truck again ZomboMeme 04112017231107.jpg

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  28. I go with cash and carry. If you don't have the $$, either let it go or look for something else when you do have the $$. My trust in my fellow human is not what it once was.

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  29. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

New scammer. Watch out in the Omaha area, guys in the Bucik forum are putting out the warning, known scammer
    [​IMG]

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  30. Donuts & Peelouts

Donuts & Peelouts
    from , CA

Update this page as you run across scammers.. try to keep side comments low. Be careful

chryslerfan55 likes this.