Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 5 acres + 340 cars = $1.5 mill. I always liked Canada!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evintho, Mar 29, 2017.

1. evintho

evintho

low budget likes this.
  2. 45_70Sharps

45_70Sharps

If you valued the wrecking yard without cars at $150,000 (realistically probably a negative value due to environmental clean up), that puts the 340 cars at $3,823 and some change each.
    Probably some gems in there but if you wanted to move that many cars in your lifetime you would probably net about half that on the average. You've got to figure some of them are parts cars at best. Some scrap. He's had them stored outside over dirt for as long as 40 years and you can bet most of them were sitting for a while before he got them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Cool read. Thanks for sharing.

4. bundoc bob

bundoc bob

So I followed this up and found he has the 64 Malibu SS convertible I talked the old man
    into buying new back in 64. The story at the time from the dealer was that there were only
    2 1964 327 Chevelles in the province, and this one was the only 4 speed. I saw lots of 64
    Chevelles but never saw another 327. The things I put that car through as a 16 year old punk,
    how I never put a scratch on it or broke it is down to pure dumb luck. The local cops had
    3 64 Ford 2 door 390 Interceptors. I thought 390s were a joke until I was introduced to
    the Interceptor version. The Chevelle would stay ahead of them unless you were on a
    real long straight road, and it would start to run out of fuel, fuel pump couldn't keep up.
    Luckily there were lots of twisties in my neck of the woods. Loved that car. Too bad it's little
    more than a rusty shell now and some guy from Fla. has made a big $ offer.

5. fuzzface

fuzzface

this was posted a little while ago here and I looked thru the pictures then. I see this is a different article and mentions he has had no offers yet.

6. bundoc bob

bundoc bob

The offer I mentioned was on the malibu.

7. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

Something like that is one of my 'if I win the lottery' dreams. If I won enough to swing it, I wouldn't even worry about making any money off the place. I would just go out on nice evenings and walk amongst the rows of old iron....all mine!!!! Sit on a hood, watch the sun set and drink a beer or two! Dreams........

8. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

BC property values are nuts, you can pay $1.5 mil in Vancouver for a crack shack. 5 acres, buildings and cars, he is probably on the high side but not all that far out.

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

serious potential buyer(s) would bring in a some appraisal guys to figure out what is really there and then play with a true offer to make

10. oldgoat939

oldgoat939

Have bin there and saw the cars last year (2016) and there is lots of good usable metal there. In side the buildings he has cars that are rebuilt like a 1956 Ford Pick-up with all Lincoln running gear and only asking around $14000. in canadian funds. He also had a few mustangs, camaros, and chevells all from the sixtys and early seventys.

11. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Been there a couple times as well. Close to Salmon Arm, it's a beautiful area for sure. Canadian Hot Rods who builds the frames for 5-6-7's etc is right by there as well. A lot of the cars are nothing to write home about but there are a couple nice ones. Realistically for everything that's there if that was where you wanted to live, the price is in line.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. well if the land is half the value that's $150,000 per acre. and the cars a bit more than $2200 each. You could take the same money in the states and buy better cheaper. I would sell may place at a fraction of what he is wanting. This kinda thing falls under the heading of those who want it don't have the money. And those who have the money wouldn't have it at any price. As mentioned by fuzzface there was a earlier thread on here about this place.

HemiDeuce likes this.
  13. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

It seems the guy likes buying old shitbox cars and dragging them home. What the hell, who doesn't?

14. Gerrys

Gerrys

Zoned as an auto wrecking yard that land is not worth much and with some of the cars being scrap value no wonder there are no takers.

15. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

"It seems the guy likes buying old shitbox cars and dragging them home. What the hell, who doesn't?"

I do too, but it's a problem for me, since I only have a small house and yard in the big city!

16. Yep dragging in shit boxes can be addicting. My wife don't object and there aint any zoning in my part of Arkansas.

17. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

I need to move to your neck of the woods man! lol

18. Heck I will sell you my place. $150,000 and you will get over a 150 cars. Three acres and a bunch of stuff. You can view it on google earth. Located 11 miles west of Pocahontas Ar at the Hwy 90 &93 jct

NWRustyJunk likes this.
  19. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

My wife gets home from work tonight....."Guess what honey.....we're moving to Arkansas!" Actually she's pretty cool! She'd probably love it. lol

20. HotrodHR

HotrodHR

Google earth it at:
    4164 Eldon Frontage RoadTappen BC

Found this address on the realtor's website. My aerial photo interpretion skills are a little rusty and the imagery resolution is poor... However, unless he's got vehicles squirreled behind every tree I doubt he's got 340 cars on that property.

Beautiful countryside and great place to live... three out of four seasons!

21. desotot

desotot

They are not all at the same lot, many are at the White Post museum a couple of miles down the road, both inside and outside the building.