Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1929 Special Coupe Hot Rod Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by miki562, Apr 12, 2017.

1. miki562

miki562

Hey everyone,

So the story behind my build (1929 Model A special coupe ) is that I had wanted one all my life and when I became a business owner at 19, I decided I would get one. Well the success went to my head and I ended up paying what I thought was a professional to build my model a coupe, which I bought in Bakersfield CA complete with title for a little less than 3k. Unfortunately I got busy and trusted the guy to build it and I would pay for whatever he needed (I was a kid, give me a break). Well 3 years later I get the crappiest hack job of a hot rod ever!!! And after spending enough money to have made a good hot rod I was broke, disappointed and just flat out pissed. However, I decided it'd be time I take manners into my own hands and stop feeling sorry for myself. And so now I'm making it a goal to at least build a sweet bare-bones Lakestyle rod with the few resources and absolutely no know-how I have. I learned a huge lesson in humility and now know that it's not about what you can buy, it's what you can build. So I'm going to be doing alot of stuff on the car and just wanted to share with you all what I plan to do, and I will continuously be asking for help here. [​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Jeremy Morrison likes this.
  2. trollst

trollst

Thirty years ago, I learned the same hard lesson, now I'm considered to actually know what I'm doing, going tomorrow to wire a customers 48 merc pickup. Learn boy, if your guy can turn out crappy work and charge for it, you can do better.

miki562 likes this.
  3. miki562

miki562

That's awesome! Thanks, guys like you really inspire younger fellas like me... Hopefully this all works out... I really want to go for a Dry Lakes legend vibe on my car

Here's what I started with: [​IMG]

And here's where it's at now: [​IMG]

And I want to get a mix of dry lakes with a garage build 50's style street racing hot rod some kid would be driving to high school in those days that he build with his metal shop knowledge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aaron D. and Jeremy Morrison like this.
  4. Jeremy Morrison

Jeremy Morrison

miki562 likes this.

5. miki562

miki562

6. brady1929

brady1929

Cool hot rod. You can do it! I lucked out and found a couple of guys who have helped me. We are now friends. He helps me with my hot rod. I help him with his hot rod. And I have learned a lot.

miki562 likes this.
  7. miki562

miki562

I love hearing stories like that, I'm determined to make this thing at solid ride, I really appreciate the kind words!