Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 4th Annual SWMO Hot Rod Hundred - April 15, 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bchrismer, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Registration for the 4th Annual SWMO Hot Rod Hundred Reliability Run is NOW OPEN!

We are still working out the starting point location, and fine tuning the route plan, however, we know we will be starting around the Springfield MO area, we will be stopping at Hot Shoe Hot Rods, at the halfway point, and we will be ending at the Crane City Park.

The Light for the Lost cook team will be taking care of the lunch for us again, so bring your appetite and be sure to throw in some extra bucks in their donation bucket to let them know you appreciate their hard work!

Entry fee includes the 2017 Event t-shirt, with the artwork by B-Scott Studios, and lunch for all pre-registered entries.

The entry form can be found here:

http://www.hotrodhundred.com/uploads/4/2/6/7/42678939/swmo-hrh-2017.pdf

If ya have any questions, feel free to post them here or shoot me an e-mail.

[email protected]

2. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shouldn't that be the "4th Annual SWMO Hot Rod Hundred and 5K Run" ? LOL :p:p:p:p
    We are in...Always a blast!

bchrismer likes this.
  3. hoop

hoop

I wish I could make again this year,but I can`t. Had a great time last year.

bchrismer likes this.
  4. mopacltd

mopacltd

I might be able to make this one. I will be in Republic visiting brother-in-law about that time.

bchrismer likes this.

5. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I'll be there

6. LOL! No kidding! I'm going to give the Lawrence County Sheriff a call and make sure that the route is clear this year!

For those of you who were not there:
    SWMO-2017-cropped.jpg

7. I'm in again, had a ball last year

Roothawg likes this.
  8. It was sure cool to have you and your lovely bride come and hang out with us. Whenever you find yourself back over in our neck of the woods, be sure to give me a shout!

9. hoop

hoop

We will do that,Bret

10. Registrations are coming along at a pretty steady pace, with the print and mail form. This year, we also have an online form that can be filled out, but it still requires that you either mail a check or send your registration fundage via paypal.

Should you wish to do the online form, the link is here: https://goo.gl/forms/JCrM27I5fcAVDofH2
    After you finish the form, you will have to log into your paypal account and send your registration funds to [email protected]

Looking forward to April 15!

Roothawg likes this.
  11. The SWMO Hot Rod Hundred is 1 month from today!

The T-shirt art for the 2017 Hot Rod Hundred T-shirts has been released. The artwork features @D.Conrad's chopped 36 kustom and @guthriesmith's 56 Ford. T-shirt base colors are still being discussed and subject to change.

SWMO Registrations are right at 70 participants, with just a couple of weeks left for pre-registrations. If you are planning to participate, please head over to http://www.hotrodhundred.com/sw-missouri.html and either print and mail the old fashioned registration or fill out the newfangled form registration and paypal your registration amount to [email protected]

hrh2017.jpg

deadbeat and guthriesmith like this.
  12. Looking forward to both the event and getting a few of the shirts! :cool:

13. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I'm currently running 3:91 gears in my 57' 300 sedan. A switch to a 2:75 third member is in the works. If I don't get that accomplished I'll be there in my old road worn pickup. I'm really looking forward to the fellowship and a country drive on some new roads.

guthriesmith likes this.
  14. We're down to 5 days left for pre-registration. If you are planning on joining us for the 4th Annual SWMO Hot Rod Hundred, please visit http://www.hotrodhundred.com/sw-missouri.html and get your registration sent in.

We're currently sitting at a total of 92 registered plus another 10 club members.

15. Yesterday, a few of the club members gathered down at the Crane City Park, rakes, brooms, and a power washer, to get the pavilion area ready for this Saturday's big event. Now we are praying that it doesn't rain cats and dogs, and the birds don't make a huge mess of the tables between now and Saturday!

We are sitting at 145 vehicles registered (including the club members), and I have ordered enough food for 350 people, to account for the expected number of "day-of" registrations that we always have.

Currently, the weather forecast shows mostly sunny and a high of 77 degrees. Can't ask for much better than that!

16. Five boxes of T-shirts showed up on my front door today! 17917865_1391764480884810_704369783845125159_o.jpg
    I had to open them up and see what was inside! Featuring the '56 Ford of @guthriesmith and the '36 Ford of @D.Conrad Sorry for making your grill look dented, David!

MO_JUNK and guthriesmith like this.
  17. CAL

CAL
    from Neosho Mo.

Will Don Johnson be there?

bchrismer likes this.
  18. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

After looking at last years route and the all expenses paid tour of the boondocks you gave them, why don't you see if you can include a stretch of highway 19 and loop the tour through Hermann?

Edit: Looks like I'm too late for this year's route, save this for future reference.

bchrismer likes this.
  19. StL is scheduled for October 7. I believe we will have some folks from up your way coming to that one.

20. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

The StL HRH went thru Hermann in 2015, and likely will again in 2017..... it's a little far for Springfield tho.

guthriesmith, gonmad and bchrismer like this.
  21. That one had me laughing pretty good. Lotsa folks wouldn't have caught that piece of trivia. I've never met him, but I have talked to his dad a few times. Don's dad was married to one of my church buddies mother-in-law.

22. mopacltd

mopacltd

I missed your event by a little over a week. My round trip from Arizona to Ohio ended on the 8th of April. Broke the Doug Nash in the '55 in Ohio.

23. gonmad

gonmad

Tic.....tic......tic.......
    getting closer to a great day!!

24. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I am so ready.

25. Mo rust

Mo rust

We put new tires on the merc so we are going. allen 111 001.JPG

26. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

While heading home for lunch today, I heard someone yell my name when passing the Love's Truck Stop. It was Crossmember Clay Vance and his daughter in their 37' Ford on their way to Springfield for tomorrow's run. That was a welcome surprise. IMG_Clay Vance.jpeg

guthriesmith, gonmad and cvstl like this.
  27. gonmad

gonmad

IMG_6297.JPG IMG_6301.JPG IMG_6309.JPG IMG_6314.JPG IMG_6319.JPG IMG_6332.JPG IMG_6338.JPG IMG_6351.JPG IMG_6345.JPG Was an AWESOME event Saturday!! I gotta say that I don't know what could have been better! I mean even God had the weather laid down perfect for us as it was in the mid to upper 70's and sunny all day. Roads and traffic were all good as well. Had a total of 178 "hot rods" with us and only a couple casualties, but none catastrophic. Here are a couple pics, will have to post more as I get time. If you haven't signed up for any of the other ones, do it as there are a few more across the country this year.

Nostrebor, MO_JUNK, bchrismer and 2 others like this.
  28. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

hotrodhundred black and blue crew.jpg hotrodhundred kiddos.jpg
    Many thanks to the CrossMembers for an outstanding day! We had an absolute blast, and I got to bring my son along for the first time this year in a way-too-nice-to-lend-to-me borrowed 71 Cheyenne (thanks to @Leevon, who is the Man!) We did our best to expose a few young fellas to our car inspired shenanigans in the Black and Blue Crew team without doing permanent harm, mostly.:confused:

( For clarifications sake, the somewhat adult looking dude in the young gentleman's photo is Travis DeLong, who may be perpetually 12 years old, so he qualifies.)

Looking forward to having my car on the road for next year!

MO_JUNK and gonmad like this.
  29. gonmad

gonmad

Please tell me you at least done a smokey burnout in Lee's truck while you were behind the wheel?!? LoL!
    Glad you guys were able to come and enjoy it.

Nostrebor likes this.
  30. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

Thanks CrossMembers! Our whole crew had a blast. My '50 truck "Popeye" doesn't have 1,000 miles behind him yet and was totally cooperative. I can't think of a better way to keep some impressionable kids busy for the day. The weather was perfect too.

[​IMG]