Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 28 Phaeton (Aussie Tourer)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoddyB34, Apr 15, 2017.

1. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

image.jpeg Our son in law Shayne and myself did a 2000 kilometre round trip yesterday Geelong to Sydney and back to pick up Shaynes project 28 Phaeton or Tourer as known in Oz ,,the dismantled body fitted nicely in the back of a van and the chassis strapped firmly to the roof racks ,,,22 hour trip ,,all basic panels are there and in good to repairable condition ,,being an Australian body having had the wood instead of steel sub rails ,,,has anyone used full length or part thereof roadster or roadster pick up Brookeville sub rails to mount their phaeton body ?as we will step the rear of the chassis the rear section of sub rail will also be modified,,,grandsons Max and Sam are keen help too,,

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    Surf City, Dago 88, chop job and 2 others like this.
  2. Rod, neat project, what style/plans for it?. Ex Falzons?. If you can get a hold of issue #59 of ASR there is a tech article of steeling out a '29 model a aussie body tourer in a similar style to the us bodies.
    Al.

bct likes this.
  3. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

Im sure I read somewhere you can use US subframes and build on them but I cant find where I saw it?

RoddyB34 likes this.
  4. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

Thanks Al ,bugger I've just left the Bendigo nationals coulda got it off Larry ,,yes it's ex falzons ,it's my son in laws project,,it'll be resto rod I think,,a slow job but he's keen ,,

5. 28rp

28rp

Hi Roddy-see if you can round up a set of A Tudor subrails,they are very close to being correct for the job.....
    Cheers

Ash

6. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice project Rod, looks like fun. :)

509garyd likes this.
  7. RoddyB34 likes this.
  8. brady1929

brady1929

Great project. Congrats.

9. Rod, if you like PM your email address and I will try and get some pics of the article to you. How was Bendigo?.
    Al.

10. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

Thanks Al ,,I will pm ,,yeh Bendigo was good,,we only went for the day but it was big ,,well organised ,everyone seemed happy with it ,,except for public Saturday entry a bit slow ,no such trouble Sunday ,,a lot of cars not normally seen ,,we would attend properly if it comes back there ,,

11. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

hello rod , you have to travel a long way these days to get a oldford , as ash said get your son in law a A tudor floor just what he needs to fix the tub pity we cant find them laying up side down in a creek any more as we have done in the past