Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods OK,Mopar guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 6, 2017.

1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I need a hug!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. 348tripower

348tripower

I grew up a GM guy. But the prices of cars turned me into a Mopar Fan. Cheaper to get into. And I have had Fords and Studebakers.
    IMG_1167 - Copy.JPG 2011_HRPT_6-4_089.jpg

Big Swede, HOTRODPRIMER and wraymen like this.
  3. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Die hard MoPar guy who loves Vettes too. I would also go for a 40-41 Willys.......Hemi powered of course.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. No complaints from me,if it goes fast that's all that counts. HRP

5. Wheres all the Mopar guys? HRP

6. 270dodge

270dodge
    from Ohio

you making your rules now? I thought that was Ryan's domain.
    He said 65 AND earlier.

you making your own rules now?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. Back up the tuna boat buddy...

First,I started the thread so I ask to keep it hamb friendly and if your going to quote the Boss the rules state and I quote "We cover traditional '65 and older American cars only. HRP

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  8. As a old mopar guy and being 6' 6" the fords were too small! midgetville!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. Ford's are for midget's? I'm just a tad shorter than you at 6' 4". :D HRP

10. butchcoat1969

butchcoat1969

I'm a Chevy guy first then molar & ford are tied for second but I'd trade my 57 Chevy 427 sedan gasser for a 70 roadrunner with any of the big block motors, I'm just not into small blocks of any car maker, but try to buy one in decent shape on the cheap it's hard to find plus I think Chevy & ford guys get use to building hot rods cheap and when it comes to molars then that price doubles and it kind of gets to them BC the price is so much more to build one then comes ford which is still more expensive to build than chevys but in my opinion they all have very cool body lines and would be a blast to own and operate any of them ford molar cars as long as it's a muscle car not a 6 popper falcon but say a 65 falcon with a boss 351W in it would be so cool to run just like a 69 Cuba with a 440-6pack would be the one for me or for that matter any late 60's early 70's mopar muscle car with a big block in it but again that's my personal preference I say let's all get together and burn the rubber off the back of our cars lol

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

gas & guns and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  11. Well you don't have to build both of them. :D :D

The wife would love either one of them just to drive around in. ;)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. I have had two projects going at one time in the past but burning the proverbial candle at both ends results in two unfinished cars. HRP

13. You got that right. I am chasing my tail now. :eek:

OK but none of that gigglin' like the last time. :p:D

14. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

I would love to build a 49-54 Chevy sometime. Maybe a tri five Chevy too. I have never owned either.

15. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

I'm more of a die-hard Hemi guy then a die-hard Mopar guy. There are some Mopars that I absolutely love and some that I hate. And the same goes for plenty of other brands. Have many experiences with almost every brand of engine over the last 40 plus years, I have learned though that the 426 Hemi is about the most awesome engine you can get. It's easier to make 900 horse with a Hemi then it is to fall out of bed in the morning. And people love it, it is an impressive looking engine. And for the Penny Pinchers out there, if you consider resale value, you come out dollars ahead with the hemi.

gas & guns and racer-x like this.
  16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if I wanted to go fast in a street car I'd run a big block Chevy...

17. mopacltd

mopacltd

Lots of Mopars in my history and I still own a '70 Cuda, a'74 Colt with a 542 wedge between the rails, a small block mopar front engine dragster. I have added to the collection with 2 '55 chevy 2 door post cars and a Model A with a 432 Hemi up front.

18. Joatha

Joatha

I have a thing for those Suburbans. I think if I ever end up getting another project, it will be an early 50's Plymouth Suburban. That's a good-looking one you have there as well.

19. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Which is fine until a Mighty Hemi or 440 blows you doors off. At least you can beat the Fords ;-)

racer-x likes this.
  20. gas & guns

gas & guns

Dad always drove GM.
    My first Street car was a Chevy. That explains why I'm tripping over small blocks everywhere in my garage.
    But I do have a love for them Big block Mopars.
    Many of the guys I grew up with and still know today are die hard Mopar.
    These boys were all part of the "Were Not Fucking Around Race Club".

racer-x likes this.
  21. toolz1175

toolz1175
    from IL

I really have only one brand rule- no GMs. Other than that, I like them all. As far as the price of a Hemi, it depends. Yeah, for a boring stock motor, a small block chebbie is cheap, but for making real horsepower, it all costs about the same. I have a 555" GM I built for a boat (had no choice), and a 572" Hemi, and the cost was about the same. Machine work, custom pistons, cranks, cams, rods, all about equal. The Hemi was cheaper in some respects since there's so many used alky parts around. Machine shops don't care what the brand is, they charge the same.

racer-x likes this.
  22. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm more of a GM person and I have a '55 Chevy and an almost done '37 Chevy coupe. I stumbled onto a '54 Dodge pickup when I was looking for an old pickup.

The old truck was way cheaper than a 50's Chevy and, besides, most everyone with an old truck has an old Chevy or Ford. The real deal clincher was the fact that the old truck had no rust. Not a little rust but NO rust.

I became a MOPAR fan just like that!

23. leadsled56

leadsled56

As you can see in my avatar I am currently liking Lincolns, with huge 368 Y-blocks. Hard to beat the cushy drive not to mention the sound of said Y-block through dual glass packs. I do remember my Dad when I was younger bought a brand new OT '69 Mopar RR with a 383/4spd setup. I LOVED that car except for the gear reduction starter sound! Any fix for that sound and I would be a more willing convert to being open-minded about brands. Seems petty but there it is.

24. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

View attachment 3510798 I've grown kinda fond of mine. It's a lot of fun. Mopar people are fanatical. I love all makes, but I prefer 32 Fords. DSC00329.JPG

25. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Easy fix. Put on one of the mini starters from mid '80's to mid '90's pickups/vans. Fits everything from a slant six to a 440. Don't think it fits the Hemi.

26. The so called chevy street racers must not have heard about jimmy addisons silver bullet. Do a google search on it. The thread was banned here. The car still survives to this day.

65pacecar likes this.
  27. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Funny, because I love the sound of the factory Chrysler starter. You can run a mini starter and it will sound normal, but the distinctive Chrysler starter sound is a thing of beauty.

28. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Yep, I like it too, the only reason to me to use a mini starter is for clearance issues.

29. LOL I got a gear reduction starter on my SBC that sounds so much like a MOPAR starter that a guy accused me of having a 340 in my old pickup after I waxed him. Guess he just couldn't live with being beat by an SBC in a beater pickup truck. :D

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  30. Hotrodder3031

Hotrodder3031

Sure, I would, I am a hotrodder
    I like old cars many!!
    I joke about witch is better...but really is the kookiness of my madness of a killer ride with speed and design!
    To the eye is the beholder.
    Honestly why put a person down for there likes!!!
    Rod on!!!