Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Did you or your kids grow up riding in the back seat of a hot rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Dang! That's one way to keep the family close.

2. wicarnut

wicarnut

As a kid I rode many miles/years in the back seat of some old car going to midget races and other races as my Dad/Mom went racing from my birth and all through my youth. When I got married, my kids rode in my car/van/truck many miles/years chasing race cars/races. No Hot Rods back then, just tow vehicles of some type. Myself over 45+ plus years cruisin down the road chasing races and in my later years, I don't think anything taking a 200/300 mile cruise, my butt has been sitting/driving all my life and still enjoy it, took a 150 mile cruise to nowhere and back last week in my Merc.

3. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

When the kids were young the only "vacations" we could afford were local rod runs by various clubs like The Torque Twisters here in Wisconsin, or Slow Pokes in Peoria. Always good family orientated fun. Memories of Peoria always include heavy rain storms, not exactly water tight in a car with side curtains!

4. joburnsjo

joburnsjo

My two girls went with my wife and I since the late 80's they were 4 and 6 now they come and get the car of choice and take the grand kid's to shows and cruse nite's