Register now to get rid of these ads!

MISSING PERSON

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by wbrw32, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ha! He does post a lot.

I, for one, really liked reading his posts, I looked forward to hearing what he had to say, even if I thought he might be going too far. He calls it like he sees it, sometimes that's good, sometimes not.

I had pleasant pm interactions with old George, I think he's a good person, but I also clashed with him and argued, told him off. Kinda like a big brother who one minute is holding you down sticking his dirty sock in your face, the next minute he's your best pal and you're playing catch in the back yard, it's all good, and ya love him. I hope he comes back.

warbird1, LOU WELLS, brad2v and 6 others like this.

2. Yes,two guys that I am aware of,rustyfords,Geargoyle Curtis.

They are both good guys and they were reinstated after sending Ryan a PM and making amends.

Fighting with the members,moderators or the boss cab result in a time out,whether it's a lifetime ban is up to you.

Hopefully George will get his act together and make a return. HRP

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    LOU WELLS and trollst like this.
  3. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

With his ego?
    Doubt it

TagMan, milwscruffy and Special Ed like this.
  4. I myself can be a bit abrasive at times. Ive got a thick skin and fail to realize that many folks do not have that advantage. Ive been chastised for dissing four doors? My wife is meaner than me. whenever I add something to the hoard she states I wonder how much it will bring at your estate sale?

5. modeleh

modeleh

X2 same here. The best information he ever posted was the instructions on how to ignore him.

harpo1313, LOU WELLS, TagMan and 3 others like this.
  6. George was and is a good guy, I do not get the negativity shown toward him.There are LOTS of abrasive people here, if you don't like them or are a HAMB snowflake, ignore them.I found him to be a knowledgeable TRADITIONAL guy who actually knew what he was talking about.Not pretending to be something he's not.
    I always enjoyed his posts.Interesting some of the posters on this thread don't seem to have contributed much at all!

7. I too enjoyed his post and don't get the negativity but somewhere along the line I too have pushed buttons and I have my share of haters,I chose to ignore them.

I have also bumped heads with a moderator or two but I am well aware they make the final decision and am smart enough to turn off the computer and cool off.

Taking a stand with Ryan or one of the moderators is foolish and tantamount to playing Russian roulette,sooner or later you will loose. HRP

LOU WELLS, 73RR and trollst like this.
  8. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

LOL. Good one... :D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Well that blows. I found him to be a pretty smart guy.

Rex_A_Lott, trollst and bchctybob like this.
  10. I'm pretty new around here and I tend to cherry pick the threads I visit selectively, so I don't know diddly about "George". But I have been around on other forums and know the type of situations discussed here. I've been both the offended and the offender on occasion. I've come to believe that the blame lies most often with the computer technology we're using and rarely the personalities of the individuals. Cyber space is a dry vacuum that sucks the life out of our words. We can't see or feel the good humor, the smiles, the body language and the twinkles in the other guy's eye the way we could if we were hanging out in the back of the shop butting heads over petty details.

I've tried to come up with a set of guidelines for myself......
    -My opinions are only offerings. I can't make someone latch on to one or stop them from kicking it to the curb.
    -The ribbing and sarcasm I keystroke with a chuckle can easily be received as a put-down and less than entertaining.
    -I often aim my replies to the general membership and not a particular individual so if I ever feel challenged myself, I need to use the same filter before I take it personal.
    -"he who casts the first stone", "roll in the mud with a pig", etc..... How do I come off looking to the world?
    -Worst case, if a monkey got a'hold of a keyboard, thinks he's King Kong and I'm inclined to react, use "Ignore".

11. I like everybody.
    Now get off my damned lawn.

12. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

Once i was typing something to the effect, IBTL<- in before the lock,..and couldn't post as it was GONE.
    Another time i was typing a quote from the newest release of a movie, The Magnificent 7,
    That quote was --->from Goodnight Robicheaux: "What a merry band, we are. Me a Grey, Chisolm a Blue, Billy a mysterious man of the Orient, a drunk Irishman, a Texican, a female and her gentlemen caller. ""This is not going to end well.""
    And the thread was gone ,befor i could type it out... and hit the SEND button...lol

Old wolf likes this.
  13. Kid -- I hope you know I was just ribbing ya- I was disappointed back when you disappeared and glad to see you magically re-appear. All the thousands of members here but you made enough impression that I remembered. Thanks for your postings

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'm only saying this in humor , but maybe he added himself to his own ignore list :D:D

15. bchctybob

bchctybob

I know nothing about the cyber world, can he still lurk here? or does he get the dreaded HAMB ERROR. I'm wondering if he's reading his own HAMB epitaph.
    If so, take that ruler across the knuckles like a man, stand in the corner and think about what you've done. Then come back and be a good boy. Some of us miss your participation - good, bad or ugly. LOL

clunker likes this.
  16. The37Kid

The37Kid

George did sell or swap a Vincent Black Shadow to get that '39 Ford rag top, that should count for something. Bob

17. trollst

trollst

Well, for me, I found George to be one of the genuine guys here, I can be and usually are abrasive, my friends, (the few I have), know me as being forthright and brutally honest, they've named my shop assholes garage and installed a sign on the door saying so. Some time back, I had a post deleted by the mods because I asked a disc brake question, but I see reams of them now, I see posts of what are clearly street rods here, injected cars are becoming common. There was even a 24 page post on a Yamaha powered high tech wonder here, these are not traditional cars, something I was warned about for asking about disc brakes.
    George was within his right to complain about the rules here not being followed, the reason I frequent this forum is because it's tailored to old school stuff, education about what parts go together, what rare parts actually work, and so on. He's a decent caring generous guy, there's no need to badmouth people because you don't happen to agree with them, insulting someones character because you can hide your face behind a keyboard is chickenshit, remember that before you choose to type your opinion.
    His removal is between him and the mods, I for one will miss his opinion and knowledge. LeRoy.

18. alchemy

alchemy

If someone is ignoring me, do I get a notification? Or just a cold shoulder?

19. I would guess his continual use of terms like morons and retards to describe HAMB members and constantly saying how bad the HAMB was now is probably what did him in.

20. I met George in person late last summer. Nice enough guy. I've read many of his posts on here. Lots of them controversial. Like has been said here Everyone's entitled to an opinion, In my opinion George is a nice guy and very knowledgeable. But he really needs to roll back that bitterness a bit. Take a chill pill. Roll with the punches........

21. I see what you did there. :)

22. Funny thing about George,
    He enjoyed helping and sharing what he knew.
    he pointed out nonsense,
    he pointed out inconsistency
    he pointed out redefining history
    he pointed out things non traditional
    Very very rarely did I find anything incorrect and if I did it was a fat finger typo.

So I guess if you personally were ever offended by him it must have been the fact that he shined a light on that bit of nonsense, inconsistency, redefining history, or non traditional stuff on the traditional hot rod and custom board. Another funny thing, only if a poster balked at the light, he'd come back with a firehose. The firehose pissed some folks off I guess.

23. Well I was not aware that George had been banned. Like me, sometimes his delivery was not good, but his information was always pretty solid. I got to say this, if someone in this thread didn't like him (seems like several didn't) you are lucky that politics are banned subject matter. LOL

@Moriarity I was not aware of the red line, I have seen banned under people's names and never paid any more attention than that. Learn something everyday ;)

brad2v likes this.
  24. Harland grunder

Harland grunder

I was banned and I am back

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  25. squirrel

squirrel

Maybe George will have more time now, and will get a car built.

bct, Blues4U, LOU WELLS and 8 others like this.
  26. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

I hope they give him his time in the penalty box and he is back soon. Whenever I saw he had made a comment, I usually read it, just to see if I could learn something.
    I have had that " lacks tact and is abrasive" label put on me for a long time also, but I would much rather hear a straight answer than a two-faced one. I appreciate directness, even if it stings a little sometimes.
    I cant understand the mentality of a bunch of grown men that get their little feelings hurt on the internet and whine to the moderators. I can put up with George being an asshole towards me, if he can teach me something. I deal with much worse every day.

kiwijeff, cretin, brad2v and 4 others like this.
  27. There have been some that have gotten banned and come back under a different account. This is not say that Mr grunder here has done that.

Sometimes I think things get said and done in the heat of the moment that look entirely different after a while. Probably best to leave it between the people directly affected by the situation at hand. Might save everyone a large amount of heartache.

brad2v likes this.
  28. 48stude

48stude

Here's my take on the HAMB. There are people that THINK they know what they are talking about . Then there are the people that KNOW what they're talking about. Then there's the people that REALLY know what they're talking about. Then there are people that REALLY, REALLY know what they are talking about. I Measure them by respect. If there is something I disagree with , I move on. Let the moderators handle it. As for me, you know how the saying goes "........open your mouth and remove all doubt". If I think I know what I'm talking about, I just move on. Bill

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    kidcampbell71 and trollst like this.
  29. belair

belair

That explains his avatar on the milk carton. He was opinionated and pretty smart, knew his stuff. And could be a jerk. That's a pretty big chunk of the demographics here.

30. I don't know georges age but if he is as old as I am,I understand him fully...You younger guys will also as you age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.