Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kiwi Hot Rod Video!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beach Hop, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Ever thought of checking out the Hot Rod scene Down Under? There are 2 great festivals next year and they are 4 weeks apart....

The Beach Hop is New Zealand's biggest Nostalgia Festival and celebrates the music, cars, bikes, fashion, dancing and kulture of the 50s & 60s - Kiwi style! 1221 pre registered cars this year with many, many more just there to take a look.

CHECK OUT this 5 minute video made from the 2004 festival.

Spend 2 weeks playing tourist in Kiwi-land and experience the mud pools in Rotorua and adventure capital Queenstown, then fly across the ditch to Australia. Spend 2 weeks there and finish up with the Wintersun which is Australia's version of the Beach Hop.

We're working on a package tour - details to follow!

Noddy
    www.beachhop.co.nz

2. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Great Video:D Definitely need to get there one of these days.

3. That looks like a hoot! If I ever find a way there, I'll plan it for the Beach Hop. Thanks for the video.:)

4. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Glad you enjoyed the show!

If anyone does make it down under then let us know and we'll find a Rod for you to ride in!

Noddy
    www.beachhop.co.nz

5. 55olds88

55olds88

This is well worth a trip, a little cool at that time of year but an exellent event, Noddy you should look at getting some artist/tattoo types from here down for it ??

6. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Hiya 55OLDS88!

Whatdayamean cool???? Look at the video - they're all in T shirts! Or did you really mean Kool???? :p

Yeah, we've been trying to get the art thing going. Having the Paint Slut there doing "live" pin striping for just $2 and the Art Comp this year are part of the plan. There are more and more artists emerging in NZ so that is looking poistive.

Not too sure on the Tattoo thing - does it fit the event? There are still some negative perceptions about tats and this being a family show blah blah blah...

Noddy

7. 55olds88

55olds88

Kool and cool :)
    There was a Tatttoo place in a shop on the main drag this year from memory.... can it just bring over some cars.... any more info on the Aussie stuff you wanted me to look at ?

8. We've had a tatooist in our part of the trade area at the Kustom Nationals for the last couple of years...those guys are pretty much goin' all day. There's always a crowd around (kids, mums, dads, etc.) watching the work getting done, as I suspect 99% of the people have never even seen a tattooist work...I know I hadn't!

Maybe not quite the place to get ya agats done, but it works.

9. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Love you Kiwi's, know a couple in L.A. but that song just annoyed the shit out of me. Sorry.

10. Enjoyed the Video....Looks like a fun time

11. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Hi Paul & Peddro,

Yeah - we had a Tattoo shop here 2 years ago - I tried to get them to do the Beach Hop logo as a Tat - might even have got one myself!

The Aussie cars mentioned are the "Junkyard Dog" nostalgia racing team. I think there are 4 cars in the team - 32 Coupe & Tudor, 34 Coupe and 68 Camaro - all blown big block?

Perhaps the Aussies on here, Peddro, Carps etc can give us some more info??? Perhaps links to a website with pics and how fast they run?

Cheers,

Noddy

P.S The Beach Hop video on YouTube is number 62 in the Auto & Vehicles section! Cool......

12. Dunno a lot about these guys, think they are based in Queensland somewhere around Brisbane.

The cars are all painted red and all pretty bloody quick.

Dunno if the '34 has been fixed yet after smackin the wall pretty hard at Eastern Creek (Sydney).

The deuce tudor runs in the low tens, the 34 in the mid nines and the Deuce three window, wich is the only fenderless car in the bunch has recently dropped into the 7s with what I'd have to call a failry stot run for a street rod at 7.88.

Have been discussing crossing the lake for the Beach Hop or Kiwi Nats with my fellow club members. Dunno if Noo Zillund is ready for The Confederates Rod & Custom Club, but if we come, should I bring my brushes and some one-shot?

13. AHotRod

AHotRod

Fantastic video !

14. Alfster

Alfster

Perhaps you could look at a Beach Hop temporary tattoo.

15. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Thanks for the low down Carps! Since I made that post Cruzin Mag have done a feature on the team. As far as I know there are more discussions about getting the cars over here. Will be great if it happens.....

Are we ready for you??? Hell yeah! But are you sure the Confederates Rod & Custom Club can handle the Beach Hop? We send most Aussies home totally shagged with silly smiles on their faces..... Lion Red does that to you.

We're working on an "Adopt an Aussie/Kiwi" deal with the Wintersun so we can hook you up with rides in Kiwi cars during the Beach Hop....

Noddy

16. We have one of your blokes as a m,ember, he was kicked off the shakey Islands because even he was too loud and noisy, not to mention pissed most of the time.

The Confederates have the same effect wherever they go.

17. 55olds88

55olds88

So we got rid of him cause he couldn't hold his liquor then......
    Beach Hop, don't dream it be there..... :)

18. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

Send a boat over next year so we can take our cars over to the event. Looks to be a blast. Agreat video.

19. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Okay Carps - I'll bite. Who is the Kiwi in the club now? Tell us and we'll tell you the REAL reason they got booted out of NZ :D .

lakes modified - the waka is on its way........ We've had cars from the USA out to New Zealand before - trip of a life time I would expect. If we had enough serious interest we could see what kind of deal can be made. Plenty of Kiwis Stateside that help shipping cars to New Zealand......

See you here!

Noddy
    www.beachhop.co.nz

20. SimonSez

SimonSez

Yeah man - do it. It's about time you got over here !

21. Eleven years on, and the 2017 beach hop is over.
    I didn't make it, so any chance of some Hamb friendly pics? Please.

22. Bump for pics...

23. Kiwi Can Do

Kiwi Can Do

kiwijeff likes this.