Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Classic Speed GPS Speedometer Drive

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by earlymopar, Apr 3, 2017.

1. earlymopar

earlymopar

Anyone have personal experience with Classic Automotive Innovations and their "Classic Speed" product (a GPS receiver and driver for stock OEM speedos? I'm considering this with my T-5 swap rather than go through the tail shaft casting and drive gear mods.

- Thanks -EM

2. earlymopar

earlymopar

I know there are many of you doing or who have completed transmission swaps where you surely have gone this route or at least considered them. I am aware of the competitor GPS products as well but CAI seems to have the best value that I can see.

- EM

3. Don't know about, but 2 of my cars have Classic Instruments GPS speedo's in em and I love both

4. fun-ford

fun-ford

e1956v likes this.

5. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ours doesn't work , it's still on the shelf patiently waiting. I am certain it will work perfectly in our 32.
    Much better than the stupid Warner Chinese excuses, have had two of these now both with different faults out of the box.
    I really should ditch the stupid Warner speedo in our shoe box and try to find an original 49 speedo and hook it up to a classic instruments GPS unit.

6. My son has a speedometer app on his phone that he likes to remind me of my heavy foot with.